Saturday, March 19, 2011

first two weeks.

I can't believe my baby is already two weeks old. She has changed soo much, but just keeps getting cuter every day! Having her the last two weeks in our lives has been the hugest blessing. I've already learned so much patience, and SO much love. The first week was pretty crazy, I had no idea how much I DIDN'T know about babies. Being the youngest of three and the youngest of a LOT of cousins in my family didn't really help, but I'm learning so much about how to care for this tiny creature.

Aubrey had her two week check up on Thursday and is healthy as can be. She is right on target with her weight, gaining an ounce a day! I was so glad to know she is getting enough of Mommy's milk, because that's always worrisome. She is in the 75% percentile for height & 50% percentile for weight. Perfect!

Thursday night Aubrey celebrated her very first holiday & one of my family's favorites--St. Patrick's Day! My mom got her an adorable shamrock outfit, & of course she rocked it.

Daddy is back at school and work now. (Actually he was back 2 days after she was born!) He just loves coming home to his "girls" and wants to hold her the whole time at night. (Until we go to bed of course and mom takes over!) He is the sweetest thing with her & I love watching him with her. I've always known he was good with babies (thank goodness one of us was), but watching him with our daughter in his arms as he tells her how beautiful and precious she is melts my heart and makes me fall in love with him all over again.

Without further a due, here are some pictures of Princess Aubrey's first two weeks of life:






No comments:

Post a Comment