Tuesday, March 29, 2011

intuition.

I think my motherly intuition has finally kicked in. For the first few weeks of precious Aubrey's life, I honestly had no clue what the poor girl needed whenever she cried. Feed her? Change her diaper? I usually was always wrong it seemed like, whenever I'd guess what she'd need. This past week, I've really gotten to know my baby and it feels soo good to know what she needs. I'm not ALWAYS right of course, but I seem to have a better idea now. It makes me feel like a good mom. Something that I've wanted to feel this whole time, but with all the struggles & hurdles we've had with breastfeeding & sleeping, etc., I wasn't feeling so mom-of-the-year-ish.

I love how sometimes when she cries, the one and ONLY thing that will soothe her is cuddling with ME. I love how she can smell me and see me and know that I am her mom, who housed her for nine months in my belly. I love how she's the only one in the world that knows what my heartbeat sounds like from the inside. I love bonding with her and spending all day and night with her.

I love feeling like a mom, maybe even a good one.

2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom! It's just hard sometimes, and don't worry, we ALL go through it..whether we admit it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this.. "I love how she's the only one in the world that knows what my heartbeat sounds like from the inside."

    You're an amazing writer!

    <3xojo

    P.S. I really really loved reading this post, and I know exactly how you feel.. and I also love when I am the one and only that knows what she wants/needs.
    :)

    ReplyDelete