Friday, March 11, 2011

labor&delivery


Here is me on my due date, March 3rd. I had a doctor's appt and I was 3 cm dilated & 80% effaced. Since I had GD, my WONDERFUL doctor decided to induce me the next morning. I was soo nervous but soo ready :)

Steve & I got to the hospital around 10:00, I got all my IV's in shortly, and they finally started pitocin at 11:30am.

Here is me a few minutes after I got my epidural. Contractions had started getting pretty bad around 12:30, at 3:30 I got my epidural! It was soo amazing and I highly recommend them.


Only an hour and a half later my baby girl was in my arms. I went from 4 cm to 10 cm, in 90 minutes! That's got to be a record or something. I'm so grateful for such a dreamy pregnancy, labor, & baby! It was such a surreal moment when they laid her on my chest. There were tons of people in the room and I was getting stitched up, but all I could focus on was this beautiful creature in my arms that I already loved more than I ever knew was possible.

3 comments:

  1. It IS an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lisa and Steve! Epidurals are wonderful aren't they? I heard that you did awesome. Now comes the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things went so well!! Did you end up having to get a C-section?

    ReplyDelete