Friday, April 1, 2011

new mommy q&a

i got this from thebump.com & thought it looked fun :)

1.) First off, how was your pregnancy? I got pretty lucky, I didn't have too bad of morning sickness or anything. I loved being pregnant, but not enough to miss it :)

2
.) What week did you deliver? 40 weeks & 1 day.

3.) Describe your labor: It was much easier than I thought it would be, they make it out to be awful in the movies! Then again, I did have an epidural which was heavenly. I would do it over 50 times as long as I got such a prize at the end!

4.) What was your reaction when you first saw your baby? I was kind of in a state of shock, it's really hard to describe. I just kept on staring & crying for a while. It was surreal! I want to relive it.

5.) How was postpartum? I was sore from the episiotomy for about a week, drugs did NOT seem to help. Other than that not bad.

6.) How is the post baby weight? I'm already below my pre pregnancy weight :/ Most wouldn't be sad about this, but I enjoyed having some extra meat on my bones.

7.) Breastfeeding or formula? I hate this question. Am I the only mother in the world that pumps exclusively? Haha, I probably am!

8.) How were the first couple nights with a newborn? We slept maybe 2 hours at the most. It was hard! Steve & I were both very used to 8-10 solid hours of sleep a night.

9.) What is one thing you wish you knew that you didn't before having your baby? I probably would have told myself that it really is going to get better in a couple weeks.

10.) Your favorite thing about being a mom? I love how it's the hardest thing I've EVER done, but it's such satisfying work. I love how much I love her! It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment