Wednesday, April 27, 2011

the skinny issue.


I've been a waif all my life. I was always the tiniest one in my elementary school classes & throughout high school I had to wear belts with size-zero jeans. There was even a time where my doctor had me gulp down a chocolate protein shake at EVERY meal to get some poundage on my scrawny frame. I honestly did not like being so thin. I wanted nothing more than to have a J.Lo booty & double D's! But that is just not the cards I was dealt.

I was at Walmart last week buying groceries (No time to drive to Trader Joe's anymore, sad face) putting my whole wheat tortillas, organic granola cereal, & fiber bars on the conveyor belt & the employee took a look at me and said, "Aren't you a little too bony to be shopping so healthy?"

Whoa. Excuse me? I was shocked at how rude she was. Heaven forbid I take care of myself & not have my cart full of junk food? But, being the backboneless girl that I am, I just kind of smiled & paid for my stuff.

I wonder if she said to the overweight lady behind me in line holding a carton of ice cream cones, "Aren't you a little hefty to be buying that?" No, of course she didn't. (Nor should she!)

I hate double standards of society.


...& rude Walmart employees.




5 comments:

  1. That is jacked up!! Just because you are skinny doesn't mean you should be eating junk! Good job being healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the rudest thing I have ever heard! Omg. I hate wal-mart employees!! I think you look great! And I am sure she was just overwhelmingly jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is so rude! Im so sorry someone would say that! I've been on the opposite side of the spectrum my whole life, obviously, and really that is just ridiculous!! She was just jealous that you have willpower to choose to eat healthy food! People are sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is horrible!! I think you have an amazing figure! And obviously she was beyond ignorant because being thin doesn't stop you from getting high chlorestoral & a whole list of other things if you eat poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, are you KIDDING me?!?!?! i would have been SOOO mad!!! she was obviously just a little jealous that she will never look like you!! ughhh, i hate people like that!!!

    ReplyDelete