Sunday, September 4, 2011

half birthday.

Today my little baby turns six months old.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I can't believe it's been HALF a year since the doctor laid you in my arms & I fell completely head over heels in love with you. I remember vividly going through your closet before you were born organizing by size, & thinking "6-9 month clothing? That's not for so long, I'll just pack these away!" I blinked & you are six months. You are amazing. Here's what you've been up to this month:

-You have said your first word. I'm not too thrilled as to what it is though! Your daddy must have been training you when I'm not around, cause all of a sudden you say with the biggest smile, "DADA". I like to think you think I am Dada cause you usually only say it when I'm around. Your dad doesn't quite agree.

-You are CRAWLING. Umm, I didn't know babies crawled at 5 and a half months? You are all over the place. You keep me in tip top shape at least?

-You are an angel napper. I lay you in your crib 2-3 times a day, you play & talk for a few minutes, & you are out. Wahoo!

-You love eating whatever mama makes you. So far you have had: avocado, carrots, green beans, squash, sweet potato, bananas, pears, peaches, blueberries, & mango. You eat a fruit with oatmeal for breakfast & a veggie with rice cereal for dinner. You also graduated to the high chair this month.

-You can wave your hand! You wave at your self if someone waves at you first. It's SO cute.

-You wear 3-6 month clothing still. You are pretty teeny-tiny, minus those deliciously chubby thighs of yours.

-I'm flattered to say you are enamored with your mama. You just stare at me all day long. You smile each & every time I walk into the room, but you whine the second you see me walk out. When your dad comes home from work, you will flash him the biggest smile, & two seconds later you are back to staring at me. Steve gets a little sad, but we're sorta even since you said Dada first.

-You are extremely flirtatious, you little tart. You love smiling at the boys, & flutter those long, thick eyelashes at them. (I honestly don't think you'll ever need to invest in mascara). No boys until you are 25, young lady!

-You giggle when you see yourself in the mirror. You know exactly how cute you are.

Love you, little munchkin. You have been such a joy the past six months & I can't WAIT to see what the next six month brings :)

-

5 comments:

  1. going by so fast! She is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe your daughter has a huge personality! I love it!

    My Letti is almost 6 months old and it is so much fun to compare out little ones.

    Ha ha ha on the "Dada".. That is Letti's main word too, of course I don't think she knows exactly what she is saying yet.. But her first repeat was "I love you".. I have it on film.. So amazing!

    Awe, crawling! Our Letti is days away.. She is getting so close. She sure can scoot very well! Can you say "rug burn"? Lol.

    You are so lucky to have such a great napper! Letti takes the same amount of naps. Usually 3, but she does not fall asleep so easily.. I have to coax her to sleep. Do you have any tips? When I lay her down she flips to her stomach and throws her face down.. Kind of scares me at times. She never just falls asleep unless something is going on.. Bouncing on a knee, rocking oh so just perfectly, and so forth.

    Wow.. what a great menu. Letti has tried a lot of different foods.. Not that many, but lately I feel like she is really cranky after we feed her.. So we are back to just breast milk until we talk to the doctor in a week or two.

    Waving! Ahh so jealous.. I've tried.. She just stares at me. Lol.

    You have a beautiful little girl with an amazing personality! Congrats lucky Mama!

    Now following you.. found your link near mine on topbabyblogs!

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH P.S.
    She has the cutest nose and chin I have ever seen!!!

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete