Saturday, October 15, 2011

infant loss & remembrance day.

back a few years ago, i never thought i would ever have anything to do with this day of remembrance.  i lost our first baby on march 18, 2010.  i was only nine weeks along, & completely heartbroken.  & even though i have a beautiful daughter now, i won't forget the absolute devastation we felt on the day we found out i would lose the baby.  i still believe i will meet him or her one day, after i die.  i'll never understand why i couldn't meet them & raise them, but i do believe that it was for a good reason that i will someday know & i needed to learn from the experience.  i learned patience & compassion, & trust in the Lord.  i became a stronger woman.  i'm grateful for the trials & tribulations that our put in our paths. i know that they shape & mold us into the people we will one day be.  i can easily say it was the hardest experience i've ever gone through.  i'll always feel love for that baby that i never got to meet & hold, love & raise.  

my heart goes out to all the mothers that have had miscarriages & stillbirths.  unfortunately it is such a taboo subject, but shouldn't be. i'm grateful there is a day of remembrance for these tiny babies that never made it here to earth.

"These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part."
~Unknown


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. What a beautiful thing for there to be a day to remember those precious babies that we'll meet in the next life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i loved this post. i am so sorry you had to go through that. my sister just had a stillborn and it was the hardest thing ever :( so happy you have a beautiful little girl now! now you have a baby on earth and a baby in heaven! i shared that poem with my sis hope you dont mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post... I had 2 early miscarriages before I had my son, who has just turned 3. I can totally related to your thoughts and feelings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for recogonizing this day. Sadly it is such a taboo subject. And I hope all mothers who have an angel baby in the sky never feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry for your loss and I can only imagine the pain you went through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for sharing this post, my hubby and u just experienced a miscarriage and I was also 9 weeks and it was also our first.

    ReplyDelete