Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread housies.


Tonight we did one of my family's traditions of decorating gingerbread houses.  Since all of my family (besides me, the stay at home mommy) has crazy & different work schedules, we did it a little early this year.  It's close enough to December to start doing Christmasy stuff right?  I mean, at least it's after Thanksgiving.  I may or may not have my tree & all my decorations up. :)


Yes, my husband put boobs on the poor ginger bread woman..





Ohh & here is a little Christmas survey I found floating around the blogging world..I'd love to see your answers too!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate ALLL the way!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? More like puts them in bags because Santa sucks at wrapping :)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  We have a fake tree that already has white lights..I kind of like the white better, but I might just be biased since that's what came on it!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but my mom does every single year.  Steve & I have spent lots of time under that mistletoe over the years. :)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Very soon after Thanksgiving every year.  I have no patience.  

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably the big breakfast my mom makes Christmas morning-she goes all out & I LOVE it-cause I pretty much have granola or egg whites every single day.  

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I don't think I have one certain favorite memory..but my brothers & I would always wake up at like 4:00 in the morning & go hang out by the tree together until my parents woke up.  I loved that time!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think it just came with age...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, usually new jammies :)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have lights, blue & silver balls, & then all our ornaments that we got from our parents as kids.  Now Aubrey has a few ornaments up there too!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  It doesn't snow in Sacramento, I think I would love it the first few days & hate it after that..I like just being able to wear a cardigan in December :)

12. Can you ice skate? I fall 39489348 times, but I love it.  Can't wait to take Aubrey when she's older.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always had great gifts as a kid, but I remember when I was waiting for Steve while he was serving a mission, he sent me a really sweet tape, letter, & package for Christmas.  I missed him SOOOO much during the holidays.  So glad that stage of our lives is over.  No more saying goodbye!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending lots of quality time with family, remembering the birth of our Savior....and hecka good food.  Yeah, hecka.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I looove brownies with peppermint ice cream.  So good & simple.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Steve, Aubrey, & I need to start some!

17. What tops your tree? A silver star.  Steve always puts it up of course.  

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love both--I'm always afraid giving though, because they might not like it!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  Yuck!  Don't like hard, sticky candy.  Awful for your teeth, too.  

20. Favorite Christmas show? Ohh I love The Grinch, Jingle all the Way, & All I Want for Christmas!!

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Can't think of a sad one--but I know there are quite a few lame ones :)

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Sending you a little Christmas" by Kristy Starling & Jim Brickman.  I love the piano in it.  Also "Bells will be Ringing" is a close second.



7 comments:

  1. yay, gingerbread!! this is actually the first gingerbread house I've seen this year, I totally forgot about them.. need to make one soon! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your favorite gift melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fun survey! Brownies and peppermint ice cream sounds good. I may have to steal this for my own posting. :)

    New follower. You and your daughter are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!! you are such a good mama!! i have been so anxious to get kruz to see santa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went ahead did this to my blog post.Love It. You should come by and check mine out to!!
    http://justthe3ofus-mary.blogspot.com/

    P.s.where going to start a new Tradition this yr to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the survey!! SOOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. We do gingerbread houses every year too and last year my husband made a brothel with a man and woman to stand outside of it. Terrible! :) My dad thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete