Friday, November 11, 2011

The perfect morning.

Thank you for all your comments yesterday & advice!

This morning was amazing.  I don't want to forget it, ever.  First off, Aubrey slept from 8:40 to 6:20.  Ahhhh.  Heaven. All I did differently was feed her dinner pretty late, & have her stay up about half hour later than usual.  Don't know if this will be an every night deal, but it worked tonight, so you better believe I'm doing the same thing tonight!  

But this morning.  Ahh, this morning.  After I fed her when she woke up, I put her back down,  & she kept talking & cooing in her crib.  Steve was about to get up to get ready for work so he got her & laid her next to me in bed.  Usually this girl would be crawling & pulling my hair & going all over the place, but she didn't.  She just laid there & looked at me, blinking slowly.  It was so sweet.  She fell asleep with my arms wrapped around her a few moments later.  It was pure bliss.  I wanted to press pause on that moment forever.  

We slept for an extra hour (seriously SUCH a treat).  I love this little girl.  


9 comments:

  1. So cute. Now tell us NOW how you get perfect waves in your hair????!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so gorgeous of you two beauties! I'm so glad Aubrey slept better last night, you deserve sleep mama!

    And I agree with the above comment-tell us how you do your hair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are sweeties! Thanks. What I do is use a hot tools curling iron (1 inch) & curl away from my face . I leave the last two inches straight. When I'm done I run my fingers through my hair to break up the curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lisa i love this!! you and your little girl are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its funny how when they were newborns we couldn't wait for them to do something entertaining, but now that they are moving we treasure every second they lie motionless.

    Seriously going to try your curling technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I have to agree...your hair is perfect! super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a precous morning! I looove when that happens. Your little girl is beyond adorable! Love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and you're too pretty.. lol jk.. but gorgeous mommy and baby!! <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picture of you two! Your hair and makeup look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete