Friday, November 4, 2011

today i have an eight month old.















I couldn't even get a picture of you sitting looking at the camera this month-you are all over the place!

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but for some reason it seems like you were supposed to be turning nine months old today!  Maybe because you are acting like such a big girl these days.  Here's what you are up to:

-Let's start with the most important-YOU SAID MAMA. More like "mamammmaaammamam", & I know you are too young to know that it's me, but I don't care cause you know what?  You said mama.  [Video to come soon.]

-You are clapping your hands.  You have done this since you turned seven months, It's pretty darling to watch.  When I start singing "patty cake" to you, you know what to do & you clap your hands. You're one smart cookie.

-You are pulling yourself up on anything & everything!  You pull yourself up & are so proud of yourself, you smile & coo to let everyone around you know what you're doing.

-You are walking!  Okay, assisted walking.  You walk along edges of tables, couches, or holding our hands! You are only eight months old, child!  slow down on the milestones, yeah?

-You give high fives.

-When you eat your baby food, you say "mmmmmmmm".

-You HATE meat.  You are like a little vegetarian baby, we have tried all sorts & you are just not havin' it!

-You eat 3 solid meals a day, & about five bottles a day.  

-You wear 6-9 month clothing & size 3 diapers. 

-You are back to the good old days & get up every night around 3am!  Not sure what's gotten into you, but you are extra hungry these days.  Mama is gonna have to get a baby forklift if you get any bigger though, my back is a killin' me!

-Your new favorite thing to do is climb the stairs.  It's so cute to watch your little tush climb up there. The next few days are definitely going to have to be operation baby gate!

-When daddy gets home from work, you crawl over to him, & climb up his pant legs.  It's so cute!  He absolutely melts.

-You have a new toy that has wheels & you push it while walking, like a grocery cart.  I was so excited I put it together all by myself-with a screwdriver & everything!  I felt so bob the builder. You take about five steps & then you fall to your knees.

-You make this noise like a monster.  We call you "monster girl" when you do it.  It sounds like a deep growl.  I NEED to get it on video.

You are my favorite at this age.  I'm pretty sure I say that every month, & every single month it is true.  I remember holding you when you were a newborn at 1 in the morning, (& then 3, & then 5...) & just trying to soak every second in because I knew the time would fly.  It sure has, but I'm not as sad as I thought I would be as you grow & get bigger.  Every age & stage has been such a joy.  Every time you learn something new, I get so excited for you & beam with pride.  I love you more every single day.  I just know your next (ninth) month will be just as delightful-& I'm sure I will be saying it's my new favorite age in no time.  


5 comments:

  1. shes so cute. my son is going to be 5 months on the 10th and he wears 9-12 months and size 3 diapers lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea how i found my way over to your blog...but i have a 8 1/2 month old and i felt like i could pretty much take and post this on my blog. every age is so amazing and like you...i think it keeps getting better and better. i hope that you two girls have a rockin' day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't like meat? - Thats because pureed meat is disgusting! When she starts chewing a little try scrambled eggs. Heidi loved those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is ADORABLE. she just has the most gorgeous eyes! such a fun time .. i miss it! i think i am getting baby fever :p

    http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete