Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 in hindsight.

This year has easily been the best (& most challenging!) year of my life.  Let's recap!

January
Steve turned 24.
I was 8 months pregnant, but feeling great!
I had an awesome baby shower thrown by my mama.

February.
I was nine months preggers & starting to feel braxton hicks contractions all day at work.  
Steve made a DELICIOUS dinner at home for Valentine's Day.
I had a work baby shower & another lovely shower thrown by Steve's mom.
Did lots of last minute little things for baby A to arrive.
Went to a Kings/Spurs game & Manu Ginobili signed my belly!  Highlight of the month for sure. :)

March
Obviously the highlight of the year (and quite possibly our lives!) - Aubrey Jane Williams was born March 4, 2011 at 4:58 pm.  An amazing labor & even more amazing baby.
Basically all of this month we were in newborn bliss.  

April.
I turned 22!  I can't believe I had a baby at 21.  Ok, I can totally believe it. :)
We celebrated Aubrey's first Easter.  She had the cuuuutest, ruffly little dress.  
Basically I fed Aubrey, pumped, changed diapers, & took pictures all month.  I so miss these days!

May
Aubrey was blessed & it was a BEAUTIFUL day.  We had lots of support from family & friends that came.
Aubrey rolled over the first time.
I got to celebrate Mother's Day-yay!
We took Aubrey to Folsom Lake & put her feetsies in the water for the first time.

June.
Steve & I went to San Francisco for a Giants Game-our first long day without Aubrey.  We missed her sooo much.
Aubrey splashed around in the pool for the first time.
We took LOTS of walks, the weather was beautiful.
We celebrated Steve's very first Father's day.

July
We went to the beautiful island of Oahu with some of my family.  It was the perfect age to take Aubrey. We could have never taken her at this age!
We celebrated fourth of July-Aubrey just stared in awe at the fireworks.
Aubrey started eating rice cereal & took to it pretty well.  
We had a family fun day in Downtown Sacramento, Aubrey went on the swings for the first time.

August
Aubrey starting scooting everywhere!
She started to really get a personality this month, laughing & babbling & talking all day long.
Aubrey outgrew her swing. Sad day!
Aubrey met her future husband, Ty. :)
Aubrey got her first two bottom teeth!

September.
Not a whole lot of stuff happened this month, but Aubrey got her six month portraits done, so here's one of them.


October
October was a very exciting month!  We took Aubrey to Disneyland-she loved being in the stroller, & meeting the princesses!  She even dressed up as as Belle, mama's favorite. 
We went to Apple Hill & spent the day together.  We'll definitely make this a tradition.
We had a fun Halloween & She was the cutest little Minnie Mouse & cow (yeah she had two costumes)
 Aubrey started pulling herself up on things to stand. 

November
We had two yummy Thanksgiving dinners-Aubrey loved every bite!
Aubrey became more mobile than ever-crawling fast & far!!
Aubrey started clapping, dancing & saying "hi."


December
Aubrey met Santa-and didn't blink an eye!  She is such a friendly baby.
We celebrated Christmas as a family of three for the first time.

It's been a beautiful year & I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring us!  I am so glad I have kept up with this blog to document my family's history, I know if I don't constantly update I will forget little sweet details that want to remember.  For Christmas, Steve got my blog printed into a hardcover book.  It was such a sweet & thoughtful gift & I can't wait to Aubrey & my other future kiddos to read it someday!


17 comments:

  1. Aubrey has the most adorable smile ever!! Wishing you nothing but the best in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did he get your blog printed?? Ive been wanting to do that with mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Christmas gift! I'd like to do that with mine someday for my kiddos to read. :) Sounds like you had a beautiful and fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family! Wishing you lots of great memories for the year 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing year!
    Glad you had such precious moments with your family!!
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting year!! :) Aubrey is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun year!! You have the cutest family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great year!!! I can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland one day, I bet that as amazing...wait, I can't wait to just have kids!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I loved your recap !!! Beautiful pics by the way I plan to do a photo recap as well to end the year : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe I haven't seen you since August. We need to get together asap. Ty misses Aubrey :) Cute year... you forgot the month you decided to stay home :) Best decision EVER!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you had a baby at 21. You are awesome. I love a girl who knows what she wants and makes it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this year has definitely been a big and exciting year for you! your little girl is just precious! i'm so excited to see what the next year brings for you :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've had an awesome year!! Happy new year, let's hope 2012 is good for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is an adorable recap and baby A is gorgeous! it was an amazing year, it sounds like! trust me, the best is yet to come with a little girlie by your side! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fatty liver disease natural cures fatty liver disease
    natural cures fatty liver disease natural cures

    Here is my web blog: eastern medicine fatty liver

    ReplyDelete