Wednesday, December 14, 2011

baby fever or beiber fever?


According to Steve, the other night in my sleep I said three times in a row, "I have Beiber fever."  Strange, because I'm pretty sure I only know one of the kid's songs.  Still, I felt I should document that randomness.

But no.  I don't have Beiber fever.  I have this other thing. BABY fever.  You know the illness.

(little aubrey, one week old) 

 I sincerely apologize if you now have it, too.

The past month I have been getting the baby itch. I swear I go back & forth every single day.  I see a mom with her new, cuddly newborn looking sweet as ever, or a glowing pregnant mama at Babies R Us.  But then the next day I'll cry & think, how could I ever love another baby as much as I do Aubrey?  I'm sure all moms go through that, & then their heart grows twice as big to love another baby the same amount.  But it's so hard to comprehend-I feel like my heart is going to burst with love every single day! And then at the same time I want Aubrey to have all my attention forever.  It makes me cringe to imagine her being jealous one day of her future sibling.  I'll get over all that one day, because I truly believe a sibling is one of the best presents you can give a baby.  A sister to share clothes with, or a brother to wrestle with. 

I mean, can you blame me?--with how adorable & sweet Aubrey turned out, I think I'm going to want a LOT more of these littles :)




15 comments:

  1. she is so sweet i am the same! i want one then i think wait what i want another one?! can i handle that haha! im in the same stinkin boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I totally go back and forth all the time too! What is meant to be will be, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! I hope the Lord blesses you with many maore precious babies. :)

    love that last pic!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I also want to give my little one a sibling, but I can't imagine sacrificing any of my attention from him. When the day does come our hearts will make room, I suppose. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in the water so be careful ;)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these types of thoughts all the time. Right now I am able to just enjoy every second of being pregnant and document everything, but with my next pregnancy and the ones after that I won't be able to do that as much. Will my other children still feel special? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. I have baby fever so bad, but I am terrified by the thought of giving birth. I'm constantly torn on the subject. I change my mind every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first picture is the cutest thing ever! Does not help my own baby fever! I was just talking to my mom about having kids close together the other day. My brother and I are 4 years apart and my sister and I are 9 years apart. She said she loved having her kids far apart because she got to give her undivided attention to each child for a period of time. My husband and I plan to have at least three years between ours. But each family is different, and I can see why you would want another one like Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by "Our Little Clarks"! It's always fun to find new blogs! Aubrey is precious! Having two babies is a ton of fun, so embrace that baby fever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post i love it!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have it too so bad!!...i just love that pic with the bow, just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need a lot of babies, yours turn out so pretty! I've had the baby itch this year myself.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comment on my blog...and yours is darling!! Your little baby doll is so precious. I totally remember when I had Noah thinking and fearing if I had another baby there would be no way I could love them as much. It's amazing how much love we have to give!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally get it. I have two kids, one is 12 & the other is 1. I go back and forth every single day if I want another or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That teddy bear photo is just the most precious thing I have ever seen Love it!

    ReplyDelete