Friday, December 2, 2011

It's not always unicorns and rainbows around here!


Motherhood can be hard sometimes.  In between the gooey kisses, giggles, & precious moments...are the hard ones.  The overwhelming moments.  The messy moments.  The want to pull your hair out moments.  The exhausting moments.  I've had a lot of that last one lately.

Thankfully, for every challenging moment, there are a million more wonderful ones that totally make up for the hard ones.  

For example, on a day that she won't nap well, she'll fall asleep in my arms easily that night.  And if you're a mom, you know that this is one of the best feelings in the world.    

Or on a day that she is super cranky because perhaps she skipped previously mentioned naps, she will look me in the eye & say "Mamamama".  And....be still my heart!

Or on a day that she is a pill & a half, she'll make up for it being a total angel on a date with mommy & daddy, charming every single waiter or customer who walks by.

Unconditional love.  There is absolutely nothing this nugget could ever do to change how much I love her.


"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always.  Forever & ever my baby you'll be."  

11 comments:

  1. What a tender post! There is nothing that can replace that unconditional love you have your your baby..I cant belive how much love a heart can hold, its amazing! You baby girl is such a sweetie, love her eyes and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've definitely been having a lot of "challenging" moments lately but it's so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweet person Lisa. Inside and out! And an AMAZING mom! Keep writing your posts, they help others more than you probably know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww... so sweet, and yes, every mom can relate! And when they get older... the moments change, but its still the same! I love your blog! Glad I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously you are such a good mom!! i love this so much! you make me so excited to have kids one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. challenging is right! it seems i have more & more of them as they get older.

    but you are right, it is all those sweet little moments that make up for every bad one.

    ps, that little face of hers is pretty cute!!

    sabrina
    www.thebabyloves.com[stop by & check out the giveaways going on :)]

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been there lisa without a doubt! but you are so right that with every moment of frustration there are ten million of heart warming ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely relate...There are days where im literally exhausted. For example, yesterday my son was cranky the whole day because he didn't want to nap but he made it up to me when we were watching "YO Gabba Gabba" and he was laughing hysterically and just being the cutest thing ever. I LOVE my little boy even when we have rough moments like yesteday = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a tear-jerker post. I have to stop every so often to wipe away my tears. True, motherhood is tough, but the good times make up for the bad. I know how overwhelming and happy every moment is, how time flies while you stare at her smile, how reassuring when your little one makes you feel how much she needs you. I would never give up being a mom. The best thing that ever happened to me,

    http://www.babypics.com/pics

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the comment

    ReplyDelete