Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Makeup Routine.

My name is Lisa & I'm a makeup-aholic.  Here are my addictions:

Foundation.
I only wear liquid foundation if I'm dressing up more than usual-a date with the hubby, church, etc.   But when I do, I haven't found a better one than Makeup Forever HD. For regular days around the house, I'm all about Bare Minerals!

imgres.jpg

Concealer
When I was going through the sleepless nights when Aubrey was a newborn, (& a few months ago) this concealer REALLY helped cover up those unsightly dark circles.  It has a few different shades so you can use it when you are winter white or if you have a summer glow.  It lasts a REALLY long time, too. 
imgres.jpg
Bronzer/Blush
My favorite.  I love how even if the sun hasn't been out in weeks, you can still have a healthy looking glow so you don't have to look like a ghost.  I love this Nars Duo in Laguna/Orgasm. (Gosh, they couldn't have come up with a different name?!)
imgres.jpg

Finishing Powder
Oh, how i love this stuff.  I only wear it if I wear liquid foundation, but it keeps you completely shine free & really gives a nice finish.  
imgres.jpg

Eye Primer
If I wear eye shadow, I put this stuff on right before & there is NO creasing or smudging whatsoever.  If I fall asleep with my makeup on (bad!) I wake up & my eye makeup still looks like it was just done.  And that my friends, is pretty awesome!  Urban Decay also makes an amazing one.  
imgres.jpg
Eyeshadow
I have lots of different kinds & brands of eye shadow, but you can't go wrong with any Mac shadow.  They have such great pigment, are easy to apply, & last long.  
imgres.jpg
Mascara
I usually apply two different types of mascara (always drugstore brands)--I find this gets them looking the longest & thickest.  I feel like I get a different one every time, but Maybelline Collasal does not disappoint.  
imgres.jpg

Eyeliner
I've tried every eyeliner around the block, & my favorite, most easy to apply, long lasting choice is Revlon Colorstay.  Oh how I love when the drugstore brands beat out the fancy brands!

imgres.jpg

Lips
Just like with eyeshadow, I have lots of different kinds that I like.  I'm proud to say that I am no longer a lipstick virgin!  I used to be a gloss-only gal, but I've started to fall in love with hot pinks & corals.  Not quite sure I can pull off red.  My latest fave is Revlon Moon Drops lipstick in "Crystal Cut Coral". So pretty!
catalog.jpg


What are all your favorite products?  I'd love to see what you all love-if you want, do a blog post similar to this one & leave your link, because I'd love to read it!  Happy primping :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted about the eye primer! I always have problems with my eye shadow and have been researching different products. I'm going to give this one a try :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was hoping you'd give us some of your favorite makeup choices someday! You are SOO gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!
    Why don't you do a tutorial? A vlog? or share some tips about makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that concealer too! Thanks for posting this, I really want to try out that finishing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love makeup too! :) You always look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see any of the pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures aren't coming up, but I love make up! I need new foundation and face cleanser because my face has been breaking out bad the last several months. I've tried 3 different foundations and it's still not working :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures aren't working, can you write the product names so we can see them?

    ReplyDelete