Wednesday, January 25, 2012

second most important meal of the day!

So guys-I am REALLY bad when it comes to eating lunch.  You'll never catch me skip breakfast, (because I WILL faint by 9 if I do) but I find myself often feeding Aubrey lunch & forgetting to eat myself.  If I did, it's a PB&J or half of Aubrey's banana-or something else that is just NOT enough.  My main excuse for not eating lunch was mainly because I get a total of two breaks during the day, (naptimes), & one is spent working out, showering & getting ready, & the other is spent cleaning or working on Aubrey's 1st birthday party plans. (Tear). 

I recently found something to be a godsend in my lunchless life--& it makes me so happy!  I now eat a nutritious & delicious lunch every single day.  Basically, I got a bunch of yummy stuff for salads & prep  at the beginning of the week: hard boiled egg whites, avocado, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, & shredded low fat cheese. I put them all in little containers. When it's lunchtime, I just grab a bowl, put some salad in it, sprinkle each of these fixins' on it, & wala!  I have lunch.  







14 comments:

  1. That salad looks delicious! I'm going to start doing this for the health factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been bad about eating lunch on time too. Breakfast and dinner is easy. Lunch not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks super yummy!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to try this planning/packaging ahead thing!

    By the way, I have been loving using tortilla strips instead of croutons lately. They're in the crouton section at the store. They give a mexican touch to salads, soup, etc. and they're just so delicious. You only need a tiny pinch of them to add flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to have it all prepped and ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those salads look yummy good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! This looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a perfect idea!!! I love it! Or a big pot of soup at the beginning of the week... or leftovers. I love a yummy salad. This sounds like it is right up my alley... just let me know what time lunch is and I will be right over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like doing the same thing at the beginning of the week! Makes it MUCH easier for every meal during the week!! I'll cook up chicken or a crock pot of soup or chili and I can reheat it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious!
    I have a problem with breakfast. I rarely eat at breakfast time. :/

    PS- I am tagging you in a post tomorrow, check it out and join in, if you'd like!

    http://livinginamitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had to force myself to eat lunch! Haha I don't think I've ever forgotten a single meal in my life lol. The salad is a good idea though! There is just not enough free time in the day with little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could also use these same ingredients and get some pita bread or whole wheat tortillas to switch things up a little :) and I have to agree with your comment, the best friendships are always based on a mutual love of awesome perfume and moisturizer! ;) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete