Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Aubrey's Birthday Countdown (The Hospital Stay)

After I finished the delivery, we spent a couple hours alone with Aubrey.  I fed her for the first time, & she latched on.  It hurt like crazy, but I was too caught up in everything to really notice.  After that, Steve held her for the first time.  It was a really sweet moment for him that I'm sure he'll remember forever.  I remember looking over at him holding her, & felt like the luckiest girl in the world.  The man of my dreams holding the baby of my dreams--& they were both mine forever.



Soon after this, all of our family & a few friends came & met Aubrey.  They all agreed she was a keeper.
  




After they left, my epidural had worn off so I was allowed to be transferred to postpartum.  We were lucky enough to get our own, spacious, private room thanks to my dad working for the same hospital.  (Thank you daddy!) During this the nurses took Aubrey to give her a bath & do all the protocol tests.  The rest of the night went pretty much like this: feed Aubrey while trying not to curse out of pain, change her diaper, fall asleep, repeat.  Aubrey wouldn't sleep in her bassinet but as soon as she laid on my chest she fell right asleep.  I remember not wanting to fall asleep because I just wanted to stare at her & not miss a thing.  She was so amazing, & mine forever.

The next day was quite similar.  All my nurses were very friendly & helpful, which made the experience wonderful.  They asked if I'd like to stay another night, to which I replied, "Sure!"  I was very much okay with having nurses at my beck and call while I healed. 

The next morning, we signed some papers, got Aubrey in her going-home-outfit, & got to leave. I got wheeled out to our truck, & Steve put Aubrey in her car seat.  I made him drive VERY slow. :)  I was pretty emotional on the way home.  I couldn't believe I was a mom now.  No more nurses to check on her every few hours to make sure she was thriving okay.  It was up to me to take care of her, provide for her, & raise her.  I was going to go home & have everything be different for the rest of my life.  







Oh, how we loved her so much already!  

10 comments:

  1. Goodness! You looked fabulous right after having Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I look that amazing right after birth in a few months, holy cow!

    Samantha @ myfulllife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you don't even look like you just had a baby!! I'm just curious how you handled this...you said you and your husband had a few hours to yourself before family and friends came in. I would like to have the same thing but I'm worried about offending all of the people who will have been in the waiting room. Did that affect you all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you were one lovely post baby momma!!!!! It doesn't even look like you had a baby. I was a whale lol

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious and sweet! You look amazing, did you even gain a pound after the birth? You LUCKY MAMA! Loved reading the birth story and seeing all the photos. You have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too precious! Y'all are such an adorable little family. :) I hope you are having a happy day.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I was thinking exactly what everyone else was! You don't even look like you just had a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously are so lucky. I looked like Jabba the Hut after giving birth. My stomach looked like a bag of marshmallows. NO FAIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you guys so much! My tummy was pretty squishy for a few weeks, these pics just don't show it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving reading about how Aubrey's entrance into the world was oh so blissful!! You looked so great during and after, my goodness.

    ReplyDelete