Friday, February 24, 2012

First Birthday Countown. (Flashbacks)

Every post until Aubrey's birthday will be a flashback post.  Hope you enjoy looking back in time with me!

The night before the birth.

As I sat in my OBGYN's office on my due date (March 3, 2011), I didn't expect much of anything besides a quick check & maybe to schedule an induction date.  I had gestational diabetes, so I knew that my doctor wouldn't let me go too far past my due date, but he had told me it would probably be at least a few more days.  He walked into the room, told me how far along I was. (3 cm dilated, 80% effaced) & told me he could basically tap on my uterus & I'd probably go into labor.  He left the room for a few minutes, came back, & said, "We have time for an induction at 10 am in the morning.  You'll have your baby tomorrow!"  My heart started beating out of my chest.  I walked with my husband & mom to the parking lot & lost it.  I had been pretty brave about this whole labor thing the whole pregnancy, but it all came crashing down on me all at once that this was happening.  REALLY soon.  I was anxious, excited, & terrified of the next morning.  

The very last belly shot, at exactly 40 weeks.  

I remember crying all day long.  I had never been more nervous for anything in my whole life!  I was comfortable being pregnant--I had just gone to work that day in a skirt & heels & feeling great.  I couldn't process, for some reason, that this baby was going to come OUT OF ME the next day. That night, I got a blessing, & felt much more at ease.  It's like all my jitters had been taken away & I was nothing but ready to do this. We went to bed early, & somehow, some way I got a perfect night's rest.  My last peaceful night...for a long time.  

To be continued...the labor & birth story.  

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous post, i can't wait to hear the rest, thanks for sharing! :)

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a tocuhing post! can't wait to read the rest! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar experience...I had a water leak and thought it was just discharge but wanted to double check just to make sure and they did a test to see if it was amniotic fluid and came back saying "congrats you might have your baby today or tomorrow!!" I was dumb struck after seeing so many women In the waiting room screaming in pain I was so frightened/excited too...can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of doing flash back posts! Thanks for sharing, beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative idea!!! I can't wait to read more!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had the perfect tummy! Love that your doing these posts, great idea and so fun to read! {Im with ya on the "last restful night for a while"}.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you are so cute, thank you so much. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete