Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Monterey//Valentine's Day Recap.

I am one of those annoying people that LOVE Valentine's Day.  Perhaps it's because I've always had this cute Valentine that has always made my day special.  All the anti-valentinesdaypeople say, "Shouldn't you celebrate love every day, not just one day?" & blah blah blah but you know what?  I think it is a sweet day to just spend some extra time with your spouse or loved ones & really embrace LOVE.  It's not every day you get to do the mushy, gushy romantic stuff.  If you do that every single day of the year, then you are awesome.  But personally--sometimes I just wanna catch up on my DVR'd shows & read Hunger Games instead.  So I think Valentine's Day is awesome.  Y'all should go buy stock in Hallmark 'cause I plan on making them rich every single year. ;)

This weekend we went to Monterey with Steve's family for a quick trip, & celebrated Valentine's Day a day early since we were heading home on the actual day.  We got to go to the amazing aquarium. (The jellyfish & seahorses are uhh-mazing!) We saved $30.00 a person thanks to a friend that let us use her guest passes.  (Thanks Meghan!!) We visited Fisherman's wharf & sampled all the amazing clam chowders, & Aubrey got to have a parrot perch on her shoulder.  (See pic below) 

 Steve & I also got to go on a date just the two of us to a fancy schmancy restaurant & enjoyed a delicious gourmet meal. (A rarity for us to go somewhere nicer than Red Robin.)  We rationalized splurging at such a nice place because we save so much money (& our livers) by not drinking alcohol.  That stuff is expensive, man!  

We also saw, "The Vow" & left SO disappointed!  I had built it up in my head to be one of my future favorite romantic movies--but was left anxious for the movie to end.  However, it WAS Free Popcorn Monday at the theaters we were at so that kind of made up for it.  Anyways, Channing & Rachel just didn't do it for me.  No chemistry.  Put Ryan Gosling in the movie & we'll talk. 

Here are some pictures of our little getaway & some of Valentine's Day!



























Adorable headband in these last pictures right?  It's from Simply Kate Grace, such cute stuff!

21 comments:

  1. Such a fun recap! Those pictures of Aubrey holding the bird are priceless! LOVE the expression on her face ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics!!! Sounds like such a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable photos! looks like such a great time!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little girl is SO sweet! Love her expression holding the bird! haha that fam pic of you guys in front of the water is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look on your daughters face with that bird is hilarious! What a fun family trip! I love visiting that area. We now don't live too far from there so I plan on making some trips too. Glad you have a fun day!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like such a great time. love all the pictures! and she is so cute! love her expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about The Vow. I was expecting it to be The Notebook status but it totally fell flat. And it's odd because I like both Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. I agree that it felt long... I was ready to go!

    Samantha @ myfulllife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too thought "The Vow" would be the new "Notebook" definitely not the whole movie felt so forced : / I too was dissappointed !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair, by the way! What a fun Valentine's Day. We went to the aquarium too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like that was such a fun day!
    Thank you so much for visiting and following Lisa! Your blog is super cute and fun, and Aubrey is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!
    We're lds too:) So i'm glad to meet other young mommies like me out there!
    I'm now a follower and look forward to becoming blogging friends!
    P.S. you are gorgeous, and so is your photography.haha

    Emily
    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love valentines day too! I hate when people complain about it! It's my favorite bc the only person I have to spend time with is my husband! Your hair looks great, did you go darker?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I'm the only person who liked the vow. I thought it was very realistic and was happy so much of the cliche stuff was missing. I do have a big crush on channing tatum though so that may have influenced my opinion. Heck, I could have watched another two hours of him snuggling with the cat.

    Have to say, I like you better with lighter hair, but you still look pretty! Gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh goodness, these images are just so perfect! looks like the best day.
    and your brown hair is just so luscious and perfect!!! adore!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aubrey & the bird pic is TOO CUTE! I love your outfits! You should consider doing some outfit of the day posts! (or in the bloggy world i think they do like "stepping out saturdays" or something lol) Because I LOVE your clothes!! Everytime you post pictures of your days out and about I always spend like hours just staring and admiring your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! so so so cute!!
    Beautiful pictures!
    I'm glad you had such a great time together!!!
    YAY for V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had tons of fun! And I love love love your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the photos! Aubrey is so adorable and love the photo of her with the other children. She looks like she fits right in. Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's vacation with your family. I can see little Aubrey had a wonderful 1st Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely pictures and I love your little matching jackets so cute!!! Your girl is a smily little sweetheart... and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aubrey's little striped outfit is super cute! I went with my best friend last Friday to see the Vow and was also disappointed...the ending needed to be way better...I just wasn't feelin' the entire movie! Looks like you had a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your hair! love your little princess, she looked adorable for the holiday! love the headband! (i now have to take notes on them since i'm sure i'll have a million of them for my little girl) Aubrey looked like she had so much fun at the aquarium! you also saved me from seeing the vow..i feel the same about mr. gossling so i'm sure the chemistry between channing tatum and rachel mcadams wouldn't do it for me. lol.

    ReplyDelete