Friday, March 23, 2012

dear aubrey.

Dear Aubrey, 

 The more & more I get to know you, the more I realize how unlike me you are.  I'm so glad you have traits that I wished I had myself.  


 You are adventurous, fearless, & brave.  I wish I were more like you in this way.  


You are a go-getter, & will stop at nothing to succeed at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.  Whether it be climbing on a couch, or turning on my Iphone.  You will figure out how to do it--even if it takes you a while.  


You are not the least bit shy.  You greet everyone sweetly, let anyone hold you, & you don't mind at all being left with someone else.  If there is one word to describe you, it would have to be "friendly." At your age, I clung to my mom's leg like fly paper.  You are so blessed to be so confident in yourself & independent.  I still find myself clinging to my mom's leg sometimes :)


You are as active as you possibly could be.  Who needs to do squats & go running when I have you to take care of?  You are never sitting still.  This makes some things very hard--like grocery trips & church. But I know, deep down inside, that you are an adventurous spirit, & I should just let you be.  Why in the world would you want to sit in a grocery cart when there are a million cans of beans to knock over like Jenga blocks?



It's so amazing finding out new things about you, & wondering how all these special traits will come together to shape you into the person you will one day be.  I'm so proud of everything you are.  

Love,

Mama

6 comments:

  1. awww! So sweet!! It is SO fun getting to know our girls as they grow, isn't?! I LOVE seeing Olivia's personality and character as she has been growing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is something raising a child who is so different from you. In some ways my oldest is like me but in a lot of ways she's not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how I love that cling... someday you will too, when Aubrey is clinging...

    Love you,

    The Mama

    ReplyDelete