Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Decor//Aubrey's Easter Basket!


Since I've been stuck in the house fighting this blasted cold, I thought I'd throw up my little bit of easter decorations since there's still two weeks until Easter.  I also spent a naptime doing a few Easter crafts I saw on Pinterest.








Last year we didn't do an Easter basket for Aubrey since she was only a month old, but this year I've been excited to put together one--even though she'll probaby just take handfuls of the pink grass & be thrilled.  Here's some cheap, fun ideas for toddler aged kiddos.  (I did a Minnie theme since Aubrey is OBSESSED.)


-Sidewalk chalk: $1.99 at Target
-Minnie & Mickey coloring book w/ Stickers: $2.99
-Easter themed rubber duckies: 2 for $1.00 in the Target Sweet Deals section
-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Easter storybook: $4.99 at Walmart (I splurged because Aubrey pointed at it, & said, "Woooow! Mee-eeeh! (Minnie)"  I mean, how could I not?)
-Jumbo Bubble Wand: $0.99 at Target
-Minnie plate, bowl, & silverware set: $5.00
-Colored Plastic eggs: Already had (from Dollar Tree)
-Easter basket: Already had (from Michaels)

I also threw in some smoothie pouches that Aubrey loves that I had around the house. 


Is it just me, or holidays 100 x more exciting (& they were already pretty dang exciting) once you have a baby?  I bet it even gets better when they are old enough to know what's going on. 

5 comments:

  1. aww! I haven't put my kiddos' baskets together yet but I am so excited too! It is so fun all the neat little things you can find for kids this age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you! what a fantastic mommy to put together that amazing Easter basket :)cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! I love all holidays sooo much more because as a mom you're able to see everything differently through their eyes. It's wonderful! I can't wait to put Nicolas' Easter basket together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas. My daughter is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as well. She loves Mimmie (Minnie). Holidays are so much more fun once you have kids. My husband says I have taken them to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative basket! You did such a good job putting it together! :)

    ReplyDelete