Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Aubrey Jane!

Aubrey, it has been a whole entire year since I got to see your sweet face for the first time.  It's a moment I don't think I will ever forget.  Although time has passed quickly, it feels as though you've always been with us. 
 It's been such a pleasure getting to know you this year.  In the beginning, we held you, fed you, took care of you, & loved on you before we really knew you.  As you got older, you started developing this beautiful personality, & became your own little person.  And we started getting to know you.  Who you are, what you like, what you don't like, what makes you giggle the most.  And I have the absolute privilege to know you best.


I know the exact temperature of how you like your warm milk at night.  I know the exact look in your eye when you are about to do something mischievous, like throw food on the floor.  (I try so hard to not laugh when you do this.)  I know exactly where to tickle you to get you to laugh the hardest.  I know that when you hear your daddy walking up to the door you will dart over as fast as your little legs can take you, & have your arms up & ready for him to scoop you up.  I know the delicate quiver of your bottom lip when you are about to cry.  I hate seeing you cry, & I've done my best to try to not let it happen too much.  I know what foods you like best, & that when you are satisfied, you will say, "Mmmmmm" with a big smile on your face.  I know the exact crook of my neck that you lay your head on as I rock you to sleep each night.  I can't believe I've rocked you to sleep about 365 times.  It's my favorite part of every day.  I know the look of excitement on your face when you see someone you love & recognize.  I know so much about you now.  I have absolutely loved getting to know you.  


The amazing part is, we still have so much to get to know about you.  We don't know what your favorite subject in school will be, or if you will play any sports.  We don't know what kind of woman you will turn out to be.  We don't know who you will fall in love with, or if you will have kids of your own someday.  We don't know what you will be passionate about.
  

But if there is one thing we know, it is that we will ALWAYS love you, no matter what.  You will always be the one that made us parents & changed our lives forever.  We are better versions of ourselves because of you. And for that, we are going to do everything in our power to make you the happiest girl in the world.  I sure do hope it shows.




I love you so much, my little one year old.  I'm so excited to see what you learn next & to watch you grow.  

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Your Mama


Here is a little video of pictures & video clips of Aubrey's first year of life.  






10 comments:

  1. Girl, you have the ways with words!! This blog post was amazing! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the sweetest thing I've ever read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this has probably been my favorite post of yours to date! there is nothing like the love from a mom and that clearly shows here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Happy Birthday Aubrey! I've loved hearing about your story about her. You guys are such a sweet family =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Aubrey! Such a sweet, love filled post! Hope your family's day was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Aubrey!! You are such a beautiful girl with a spirit that shines so bright! Thank you mother one day for writting these beautiful posts about you, we love love reading them! Have a great birthday cute girl : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video brought tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday to your sweet little Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww so sweet! Happy (belated) birthday Aubrey! :)

    ReplyDelete