Tuesday, March 13, 2012

just some random tuesday thoughts..


We went to Storytime for Babies at our local library today, & Aubrey was the smartest, cutest one there.  Oh, she was also the ONLY one there, by the way.  I was excited to go & maybe meet other local stay at home moms & watch Aubrey toddle around with similar aged babies--didn't quite happen.  But Aubrey had fun anyways, & the teacher was pretty impressed with how well Aubrey could repeat words & follow directions.  My mama heart beamed with pride!





I swear the second I go brunette, I immediately miss being blonde & count down until my next hair appointment.  Someday I will learn.  I plan on bringing in this maternity picture to my next appointment--I loved it like this!  


I finally figured out how to make it through three hours of church with a one year old--six different snacks (I brought tangerine pieces, cheerios, a cheese stick, veggie straws, one of those puree pouches, & raisins), & a bag full of blocks, plastic play food, & other random small toys.  I only had to take her out once!  

I'm pretty sure I make the same five meals every single week for dinner: Spaghetti with ground turkey meat sauce, grilled chicken with brown rice & beans, baked salmon with veggies, tortellinis with pesto sauce & salad, & chicken quesadillas.  Anyone have any other healthy dinner ideas that can be made pretty fast?  My husband is getting quite bored of the same old stuff.  

I wasted 2 hours of my life the past six Mondays watching "The Bachelor".  I think the whole show is set up & the forced conversations are almost painful to watch. And don't get me started on the awkward kissing scenes.  But somehow, some way, I still find it entertaining.  Steve even watches it with me, of course only to make fun of it.

  

That new Carl's Jr. commercial with the busty blonde making out with a cheeseburger really, seriously makes me consider getting rid of all televisions when my kids are a little older.  Shame on you, Carl's Jr.  (I'm such a mom.)

I am going to be twenty three next month.  To be honest, all I really want is to be able to sleep in until I wake up naturally.  Maybe on my 33rd birthday. :)

Aubrey is all kinds of cute these days.  She "talks" about Daddy all day, she just loves him. She uses anything & everything as a "phone", & will talk into it, & then hand it to me, so I can talk back.  She shakes her little butt to music.  She tries to run.  She tries to put bows in her hair. (& mine, & Steve's..) She is learning new words every day.  Today she pointed to her rocking horse, & said, "Po-neeeee", which is what we always call it.  She's a little sponge!



I think that's enough totally random thoughts for one day!





12 comments:

  1. I'm with you, something about the show draws me in, but it is sometimes painful to watch! haha I loved jummy kimmel mocking it last night on nightline, hilarious:)
    Thanks so much for your compliment on my blog!! I love reading and following along with your blog and its fun to be connected to other lds mommies!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way about the revolving door of dinners. here's one of my favorites!

    bbq chicken pizza
    -1 can of pillsbury pizza dough
    -handful of cilantro, chopped
    -half a jar of bbq sauce - we love famous dave's.
    -diced cooked chicken (i season with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder, then bake in the oven - you could easily fry in pan)
    -diced red onion
    -mozzarella cheese
    -cheddar cheese

    baking temps and times are located on the pillsbury package. i preheat my oven to 400 degrees.

    lightly oil a cookie baking pan with olive oil, spread the dough out onto pan, spread the bbq sauce over dough, sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, red onion, then the chicken.

    place pizza in oven. i usually bake for 18-20 minutes but that's because my husband and i love extra crispy pizza!

    once pizza is done to your liking, take out of oven and sprinkle the fresh chopped cilantro over pizza.

    enjoy! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it always seem like things don't turn out like you imagine in your head! I'm sure Aubrey loved being the only one at story time though!

    I hear ya about the same recipes each week. We just made a ham last night, which gave us lots of leftovers for the week. Tonight we had pizza. I just buy premade crusts and top with bbq sauce, pineapple, ham, and mozzarella cheese. I also do spinach and ricotta stuffed shells and am trying lasagna roll ups tomorrow night...just for something a little different than the usual spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totes agree about the Carl's Jr commercial! That is downright depressing.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the dinner ideas! And Morgan..right?!! But I guess The Bachelor isn't much better..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three hours at church! I have a panic attack over ONE! Frances will NOT sit there for ANYTHING. Go you!

    I also love the anything-phone. We've had a baby doll phone, cheese phone, spoon phone, ba-ba phone... too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree about that commercial! And my husbands favorite meal I make is super easy: frozen chicken breast, dry ranch dressing mix and whatever sauce you want, I use sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, just put it in the crockpot on low for about 6 hours then shred it and make sandwiches. It's seriously so easy and you can use however many chicken breasts you want so there are leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That commercial is disgusting! There's a line! I'm not a prude but come on people!

    Food problems? Go to weelicious.com I have never had a problem since going there! Healthy tasty food! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear yah! I was in a food rut for a long time and I'm just starting to force myself out! Crockpot meals are great because you can throw them in in the morning and voila! Dinner is done!

    One of my favorite meals is super easy though:

    Mexican Chicken

    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts topped with a jar of salsa

    Bake for 45 minutes and then add cheese and cook for another 5-10. Super easy and I serve it with salad and mexican rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a good mamma! I love coming to your blog because I learn a lot from you, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you think of toddler time? Wyatt and his little friend get bored and start chasing each other around the room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My boyfriend and I had ground turkey lettuce wraps a few months ago and loved it. His parents always cook since we live with them at the moment but when we get the chance, we make it easy and healthy. If you want the recipe, just let me know. I don't know it by heart but it's in my recipe book and it's delicious!

    I couldn't agree more on the bachelor. I was rooting for Lindzi and Kacie B in the beginning. I never liked Courtney and how mean she was and fake towards him. Ah. Haha. I hate how I'm so addicted to a show when they do that. I just couldn't stop watching it.

    ReplyDelete