Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Mutterings.


So, I'm sick.  Sore throat, runny nose, feverish miserable sick.  I was sick just a few weeks ago, & so was Aubrey, & we just cuddled all day so we got through it okay.  But Aubrey is not sick this time, (thank goodness) --she is active, happy, & hyper as ever.  I feel terrible not having the energy that I usually do to play with her.  The past two days I have had to let her watch cartoons (!!!) & lay on the couch.  She keeps walking up to me & hits my leg, like, "Come on mama!  Get up & play with me! It's sunny.  Let's go to the park!"  It's so sad.  It made me really nervous for when we get pregnant--I really hope I'm not super sick & tired all day.  It really makes you feel like a bad mom!  Hoping & praying this sickness FLIES by.  Until then, Mickey is going to be Aubrey's best friend.  Thank you, Mickey.  

As if I haven't been feeling like the worst mom ever enough this week, the other day we had our first "OMG we need to call Poison Control!" moment.  With hand sanitizer.  Aubrey always goes through stuff in my diaper bag--& it's never been an issue.  But somehow she found my hand sanitizer tucked away in a closed zipper pocket, unscrewed it, & drank a little.  I panicked big time but after a quick call to Poison Control, I felt much better once they told me that unless she drinks a ton of it, it won't do a thing.  Phew.  At least the rest of the day her breath smelled of Bath & Body Works.  

I've been a terrible blogger lately.  I feel like after babies turn one--the milestones & things to talk about really start slowing down.  The first year there are tons to talk about.  New teeth, rolling over, starting solids, scooting, crawling, first words, walking, etc.  I think my 5 posts a week days are over, & that's okay.  I'd rather do a couple interesting posts a week than five boring ones - ( kinda like today's? haha) Plus it has been rainy lately, & when you don't go anywhere, there's less to talk about.  I am no where close to quitting blogging though; it has been a great outlet for me to jot things down I want to remember - & meet a lot of other mamas.

Besides Steve's full-time job, he also runs a youth basketball league.  This week is the first week of the Spring season, & he usually leaves in the mornings before Aubrey wakes & comes home a little after she goes to bed.  It's kind of given me a tiny taste of how a single mom would do things, & I have more respect than ever before for them.  It is hard work being the sole care taker of a toddler.  So kudos to all the single moms out there!  


I think this is going to be a big year for us.  We kind of have some big deal, possibly life-changing stuff going on in our little family's lives.  Probably not what you are thinking.  Things I can't quite talk about yet though.   When I can, though, you'll be the first to know.  Promise.  

Oh, & just a little shameless self promotion.  Go check out my new etsy shop!  I'm having way too much fun creating new, fabulous baby girl accessories.  Violet Belle Boutique



6 comments:

  1. Poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel. I've been sick with nausea and have no energy. I can't wait to get into the second trimester and feel better. My baby has had to entertain herself a lot with her toys but my older daughter has been a huge help when she gets home from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!! It is awful being sick when a cute girl wants lots of mommy time!!

    I hear you on the single moms!! Idk how they do it!!

    I can't wait to hear your big news..I hope it is GOOD news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better sweets! You are such a good mama and anyone could attest to that, so don't feel otherwise! I don't know how many times I've let Jacob watch Mickey even when i WASN'T sick hahah! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get feeling better soon, sending happy thoughts your way! As for the big changes happening this year- don't tease us haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you feel better mama! nothing worse when your baby wants to play and all you want to do is sleep your sickness away..been there!

    i can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete