Monday, April 9, 2012

easter & 23rd birthday weekend!

We had a weekend jam-packed full of fun over here!  My birthday fell on Easter this year, so we had  a double whammy celebration.  Here's what we did this weekend:

 Friday night we went to BJ's with my family & I got to devour my favorite dessert ever- a pazookie!  Aubrey enjoyed a few bites too :)

PS - I'm blonde again, yay!  No one ever let me go back brunette, ever!  

Saturday my best friend, Nikki, my mom & I went out to breakfast & caught up.  After that Nikki & I got pedicures--it felt FABULOUS to be pampered while chatting it up with my bestie :)




Sunday was Easter of course, so we decided to be a total cheesy family & bring our tripod to the park by our house & take a family picture, which you might have saw yesterday.  We also took some pictures of Aubrey opening her first Easter basket. (from us) 

In yesterday's post, a few of you asked where I got my outfit.  The shirt & skirt are from Downeast Basics (LOVE that place!) & the heels are from Charlotte Russe.  Aubrey's cute little Easter dress was a present from her grammy--she got it from Nordstrom.  Steve wanted me to let you all know his outfit was from JCPenny. ;)




See those crazy high heels I'm wearing in the picture above?  Quick story to share: We went to visit our friend who was in the hospital Easter morning, & on the way walking in I totally started wobbling, tripped, had a group of people run over & caught me in the nick of time -- while I dropped & shattered my precious iphone! (Luckily I wasn't carrying Aubrey).  I've NEVER been able to walk in heels so don't ask why I thought I would be able to with these dangerously high ones.  But they matched so perfectly, & it was buy one, get one for $10.00--so vanity & frugality won.  Thanks to my wonderful hubby for spoiling me & getting me the new Iphone 4 S for a late birthday present :)



Later that day, we went to Grammy & Papa's for a fun little egg hunt with the grandchildren, followed by a delicious ham & potato dinner that did NOT disappoint. 

 Aubrey rockin' her Violet Belle Boutique..






We ended the Easter/Birthday holiday off with a yummy cake batter ice cream cake.. it was amazing.

Hope all of your Easter's was fantastic!

9 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Love your blond hair and the style is so cute! Your family photos are so cute, and I can see Steve has lost weight, he looks great! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday and you lucky girl, I wish I had the latest IPhone. Aubrey looks adorable in her Easter dress and like she is having a great time with her baskets. Happy Birthday pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Lisa I just have to tell you I have been reading your blog for like a year now and I am so grateful you share your life with us all! You are such an inspiration - a good mommy, great wife, true to your faith, and gorgeous! I can tell you are such a sweet person. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I love your hair blonde! Too funny about tripping in those cute heels! hahah glad you were ok though, I told ya those looked dangerously high! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad u had a good weekend Happy belated birthday. welcome to the 23 club. hope your ok. shame about ur iphone but what a wonderful hubby you have to get you a new one. aubry looks gorgeous in her outfit and urs is lovely suits you loads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great weekend! I love your hair either way beautiful mama!! :) I just live the fam picture (and the outfit recaps lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. where are the cute little lace leggings from? I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! They were actually sent to me from a sponsor, but lots of etsy shops sell them! just search on etsy "toddler lace leggings" Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! They were actually sent to me from a sponsor, but lots of etsy shops sell them! just search on etsy "toddler lace leggings" Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lisa!! :) ..Do you have a utube account by any chance? if you do I'd love to check out your channel :)

    ReplyDelete