Thursday, April 5, 2012

First Sewing Project!

I believe I've said it on here before, but I was NOT born with the creative/crafty gene.  My mom is amazing & can make anything, & does it perfectly.  I asked her to kind of watch & guide me as I try to make a dress for Aubrey, & she was kind enough to do so.  I downloaded a free dress pattern here.  I found some cute fabric for 30% off at Hobby Lobby, & went to town on my mama's sewing machine.  Here's how it turned out!  (Let's not talk about the neckline.) Don't look too closely, but that cute little model of mine could probably make anything look good.  




13 comments:

  1. Can I be you please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so cute. Love that length on her. Shows just enough of those chubby baby legs.

    You are so lucky to have a mom who knows how to sew! I'm dying to learn but no one to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it turned out great! can't wait for you to do more! and you're right she'd totally make a potato sack look fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job for your first time! It really helps to have an experienced person to guide you along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! great job!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have a cute model! I think the dress is just adorable... you did great! You are an amazing person Lisa. I just love your blog and admire all the great things you do.
    You should be so proud it is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I would love to be able to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I'm not crafty either and don't know how to sew, but I really want to learn. Kirk knows how to, so he'll have to teach me. Can't wait to make cute dresses for my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I'm not crafty either and don't know how to sew, but I really want to learn. Kirk knows how to, so he'll have to teach me. Can't wait to make cute dresses for my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I'm not crafty either and don't know how to sew, but I really want to learn. Kirk knows how to, so he'll have to teach me. Can't wait to make cute dresses for my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER cute!! you should add dresses like this to your etsy shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete