Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jesus, Take the Wheel

Yesterday was the scariest day of my life.  Aubrey & I were driving down a two lane road on the way home from my mom's house, & before I knew it I was drifting a little towards the right side of the road, & it startled me, & I over-corrected.  Next thing I knew I was spinning in circles REALLY fast (but felt like an eternity) & headed right towards a telephone pole.  I was sure we were going to hit it or a car coming from the opposite way.  I remember thinking, "Oh my goodness, we're going to die."  Thankfully, we ended up spinning into a huge ditch, & were just fine.  We had a little whiplash, but not one scrape or bruise.  

I can't tell you how many prayers of gratitude I have said since the accident.  We could have so easily hit that telephone pole (we missed it by a few feet) or if it happened a few seconds later, we would have hit another car & had a head-on collision.  Although it was traumatic & awful, it really gave me a great reminder to not take advantage of any second of life.  I keep on thinking, "What if Aubrey got hurt?" I couldn't live with myself if something happened to her all because I accidentally drifted off.  Or, "What if I died & I didn't get to raise Aubrey?" Ouch.  I definitely hugged my little girl & husband longer than usual yesterday.  So thankful for my Heavenly Father & His mercy. 




11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness SOO glad you guys are okay! God was definitely watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so scary! Glad you are both fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was involved in an accident while Liam was in the car a few months ago and it was terrifying. All those same thoughts ran through my head and luckily, only our car was damaged.
    I'm so glad that you and your little lady are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my Lisa. i am so glad to hear that you and Aubrey are alright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How scary!!! I know what you mean though--having that sudden horror that your child might be really hurt. A month or so ago William ran out into the highway here in Vernal as we were walking out of a store, and cars were coming-fast! I screamed and ran out and grabbed him just in time. It was THE scariest moment in my entire life!
    Heavenly Father really does watch over us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you and Aubrey are OK! Remember things happen for a reason :)

    PS- love your new blog design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness how scary!! Soo glad you guys are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, how scary! SO glad to hear you guys are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a scary feeling! I'm so glad you both are okay. I had my car spin out on the freeway after the rain years ago, and remember thinking my life was over. So happy you two are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in a horrible accident due to really bad weather when I was 9 weeks pregnant! Car accidents are bad enough but being responsible for another life makes them even more terrifying!! So glad to hear you and beautiful baby girl are safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So scary! I'm glad you are both okay.

    ReplyDelete