Tuesday, May 29, 2012

current pregnancy FAVES.


Vitamin water.  I get really dizzy when I'm pregnant.  With Aubrey, I fainted three times!  This pregnancy, I've discovered the beauty that is Vitamin water.  My favorite is the "XXX" flavor.  It has 100% daily value for vitamins B6 & B12 which help a lot with your balance.  I've noticed a huge difference!  I recently switched to getting the "zero" drinks because the regular ones had 32 grams of sugar.  Yikes!  The zero ones are almost as delicious though, promise.  :)

Another lovely pregnancy side effect these days?  Super chapped lips & dry skin.  I always get chapped lips, but during pregnancy, they are awful.  My mom gave me a sample of this lip renewal by Dermalogica & I loved it so much, I ran to Planet Beauty the next day to get it.  I LOVE it.  I use it throughout the day & apply it right before bed, too.  My lips are so happy, & I kiss my husband now more, so he's pretty happy too.  I also get dry skin too & got the "Dry Skin" regimen that Dermalogica sells.  Totally loving it so far!  

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil.  When I was pregnant with Aubrey, I picked this stuff up at the drugstore because I sniffed it at a friend's house & fell in love with the scent.  It smells just like lemon cake.  It's amazing.  I put it on my belly every single day from the beginning with Aubrey & I'm not sure if that's what did the trick getting no stretch marks, but you can bet your burt's bees I'm doing it again with this one!  I also put it on my whole body sometimes right after the shower & it leaves your skin really glowy & moisturized.  I'm just warning you, you're going to want to eat yourself after.


Other pregnancy lifesavers?  Good old fashioned saltine crackers. Processed white flour has never tasted so delicious in times of hardcore morning sickness.  Sugar free jolly ranchers for some reason help with my nausea, too.  I also get a thrill from chewing ice these days.  I stayed at my parents' house this weekend because Steve was working out of town & the whole weekend I had a cup of crushed ice in my hand.  But my favorite thing while pregant?  Sleeping.  Because when I'm sleeping, I'm not feeling sick.  And that is bliss.  

But really--I love being pregnant!  Thank goodness I can just take a glance over at my sweet daughter & know all these aches, pains, & sickness are only temporary & I would do it 100+ times if I get such a fabulous end result.  


11 comments:

  1. love vitamin water too - my husband hates the xxx flavor but i love it. my favorite was jackfruit guava but they discontinued it i think because i haven't found it in stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOrry to hear you're so sick :( I might have to try that chapstick, my lips are always horribly dry! and there's nothing I love more than a new lipgloss lol I was reading the comments on your last post and was amazed...it's very annoying how people have to be so rude! Every once in a great while I will come across a blog that says something I don't agree with, but I would never make an evil comment anonymously! And you didn't even say anything that could be taken the wrong way! People are just crazy! Hope you start feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the morning sickness passes soon! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the morning sickness passes soon! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice craving could be iron deficiency...not uncommon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to point out that the Vitamin Water does have Ginseng in it, which is recommended to be avoided during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. There are different types of Ginseng but I know the Asian Ginseng could cause birth defects.
    I don't want to be one of "those" commentors but I feel better letting you know :) And I know a lot of things are supposedly "off limits" while pregnant and it's just up to you to decide whether you are comfortable with eating or drinking them.

    Hopefully you'll feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Asian Ginseng I was referring to is also known as Panax Ginseng.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes my dr has told that chewing ice could be from anemia, and ding ding ding! i have it. Weird symptom!!

    And thank you sarah for letting me know! There is actually no Panax Ginseng in the XXX vitamin water (the only kind I drink). There is that herb in the Energy Citrus flavor. Thanks for the heads up though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! I was so sick the entire 9 months with my daughter, even throwing up during labor! But it was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love vitamin water zero too!! I wish more coupons came out for it!!!

    Saltines and sleep were my bff when I was preggers too!! I hope your morning sickness goes away soon!! Mine lasted until the second trimester too but like you said it is just temp and the baby is the BEST reward!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower!! just read your information on vitamin water. Definitely think its going to be something that I try especially since the nausea is setting in now that im almost 8 weeks pregnant! thanks for the tips and suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete