Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Deets!

Thank you all for the comments, emails, & tweets regarding our special news yesterday!

So, if you missed it yesterday -- I'm pregnant!  Baby #2 is officially on his or her way & we are incredibly excited & grateful.  

Now for the details:

I'm seven weeks.  I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday & was thrilled to see that the baby was healthy & developing well.  The doctor said from this point I only have a 3% chance of miscarriage so I felt comfortable announcing to the world!  I commend people that wait until the second trimester to tell everyone, I have zero patience.  

The due date is January 8, 2013!  2 days before Steve's birthday. What a sweet early birthday present that would be!

As far as symptoms go, this pregnancy is much harder than last time.  I'm very nauseous & dizzy, all day every day.  I had a little bit of that with my last pregnancy, but this times seems much worse.  You won't hear me complain too much though -- the sicker I feel, the more at ease I feel about the pregnancy being okay.  

Aubrey is still too young to know what's going on in Mama's tummy, but we tell her every day there is a baby in my tummy & we have her kiss & hug it.  I also gave a little baby doll to her to start practicing being "gentle" with the baby.  I'm so excited to have Aubrey be close in age to her new sibling, they will be about 22.5 months apart!  I imagine them being very close friends one day, & that puts all my fears of having two toddlers at ease.  

Was this planned?  Haha, why yes I actually got THREE emails from you guys asking this :)  It's okay, I'm naturally a nosy person too.  Yes, Baby #2 was very much hoped, prayed, & planned for. 

Looking at my last pregnancy pictures, it makes me laugh how desperately I wanted a baby bump.  I would take my weekly picture in the early weeks right after dinner & pushing out as far as I can go.  You couldn't even really tell I was pregnant until I was in the twenties weeks. I have heard that you show a lot sooner with your second, so we will see!  I sure loved my baby bump last time, so I'm excited to watch mine grow!  Here is my belly in all it's glory at seven weeks.  I know--nothin'!  But gotta have a starting point to compare how huge I will be at 40 weeks ;)




11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS CONGRATS!!
    We are due October 21st 2012!
    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Everybody told me I would show sooner with my second too, and here I am at 20 weeks, barely showing at all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have SUCH a perfect tummy! Jealous! I've never had a baby and mine is no where near that flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my laws congrats to your cute family! weird to think your having a baby in 2013! im so excited for you, Aubrey is going to be a great sis! i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so skinny- wish i was as lucky as you! im exactly 1 year and 9 months older than my little sister, we have always been such good friends, how lucky your kids will be to always have a close friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so exciting! congratulations, again! and just gotta agree with everyone else, you make me sick with your completely flat stomach! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! I KNEW it!!! I think I called it a couple weeks ago didn't I?! ;)

    What exciting news!!! MANY congrats and best wishes on a healthy and happy pregnancy!! I hope you feel better soon! My first 12 weeks were AWFUl but after was smooth sailing!! :)

    SO excited for you and your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ridiculously happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG congrats!! I'm so excited for you and your family. Aubrey is going to be such a great big sis. I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy journey with baby #2! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me so incredibly happy! I seriuosly teared up with joy when I seen your facebook post!! I figured while I was catching up on my "Lisa blogs" I naturally had to comment again on here how extremely happy I am for you guys! So exciting!!! I'm so sorry you're in the same boat as me with the nauseas and dizzyness, I've been sick every day ALL day since I found out I was pregnant (and before) -- but you're right - it assures a healthy pregnancy, so I guess our babies will be EXTREMELY EXTRA healthy!! LOL Cannot wait to follow your blogs on baby #2 and once we both know the gender we'll have to go baby shopping together!!! EEk! Then our babies will have to be friends of course since they'll be so close in age! ;)

    ReplyDelete