Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Light as a Feather..

The other day I was struggling lifting my heavy toddler into the car seat after carrying her throughout the grocery store on one hip while my other hand pushed the cart. (She wasn't digging being confined & I had ran out of snacks to distract her.) I unloaded all the groceries in the hot sun & once I got in the driver's seat, I let out a sigh of relief from exhaustion.  

Just a moment later, I saw a lady about the same build as me (waif) struggling lifting her 12ish year old handicapped son into the seat in her SUV.  After he was all buckled in, she proceeded to load all of her  heavy groceries, & her son's wheelchair.  


Aubrey has felt light as a feather ever since.  

5 comments:

  1. Makes me remember why I try and remind myself how lucky I am to have two happy, healthy children, and the opportunity to stay home with them. At the end of the day, that's really all the matters, isn't it? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Everyone needs a reminder sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly puts things in perspective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete