Sunday, June 17, 2012

daddy's day.


When I was a little girl, I remember knowing without a doubt that I was going to marry my daddy.  I was too young to realize this obviously wasn't an option, but I couldn't imagine it any other way.  I was a complete daddy's girl, & always will be!  As I got a little older, I knew I wanted to marry someone like my dad.  Patient.  Loving. Strong testimony. And someone that treats me the way he treats my mom.  Thanks to my dad's wonderful example, I chose the perfect man for me. 

 Being a great dad and husband does such a service to little girls.  It gives them confidence, and shows them exactly what they should expect and look for in a partner.  I'll never be able to thank my dad enough for being the perfect example.


I couldn't write about father's day without including this AMAZING one.  I always knew Steve would make a great dad, which is one of the several reasons I married him.  Not only is he a phenomenal diaper changer, story reader, and sippy cup cleaner, he has so much love for this little girl that just exudes from his heart. Aubrey loves him just the same.  Her & her future sibling are beyond lucky to have him as their dad!

Happy Father's Day to ALL the wonderful dads and future dads out there!

4 comments:

  1. This was one of the sweetest tributes to dads I've ever read! You are a wonderful writer, Lisa! Your dad and husband are lucky to have YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I agree you put your words together beautifully! You are such a sweet beautiful girl and your dad did a great job raising you. I can't imagine you being any sweeter and your husband sounds like an amazing daddy and husband. Hope you had a wonderful day with your two favorite men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful dads are the best!!! Jim is nothing short of perfect to our 2 kiddos. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweetly written! It always makes me a little sad when I read things like that...my dad definitely did not provide a great example, but the man I married does possess all of those wonderful traits that I know will make him a wonderful father to our own future children.

    On a side note, your dress in your latest post is adorable!

    ReplyDelete