Tuesday, June 12, 2012

disneyland with a fifteen month old.

I'm happy to report our trip to Disney with a toddler was .. MAGICAL!  On our 6.5 hour drive down, we had every toddler snack imaginable from fruit pouches to puffs.  We got lucky because she also took a 3 hour nap!  So my first worry of the long drive was a piece of cake, yay!  

As far as sleeping in her pack N play, (worry #2) was not too bad.  She woke up once or twice a night but would just fall right back asleep.  When we put her to bed, she'd fall asleep pretty quick since she was so tired from her fun days :)

As far as being at Disneyland, I was happy to find out she could go on TONS of rides!  She couldn't go on any thrill rides obviously, but that worked out just fine because I couldn't either due to my pregnancy.  The weather was perfect & stayed in the seventies.  The lines were pretty long for the popular rides but most the kid rides were 15 minutes or under.  Phew!  I knew Aubrey would not be cool chilling in line for longer than that.  She loved staring during all the rides, especially on "It's a Small World." 

Her much anticipated meeting with "Minnie" was hilarious.  We expected her to LOVE meeting her since she loves anything to do with Minnie.  But as soon as we walked up to her, Aubrey started crying and clinging to her daddy's chest.  She even hit Minnie in the face and also hit her hand when Minnie reached out to her! I could not stop laughing it was so funny.  Maybe next time! 

I didn't have high expectations for the trip since she was so young, but it really melts a mama's heart when you see your tot saying, Ooooh!  Pwitty! Minnie!  Oooh! and pointing at things that catch her eye.  I think she had a blast, & we did too!  Here's some fun pictures from our trip.





















5 comments:

  1. oh em gee!! It looks like you all had such a fun time. Thanks for sharing all the pix. Aubrey's dresses are too cute. I think my daughter (20 months) would do the exact same thing with Minnie as Aubrey did. She absolutely loves Minnie (AKA mimmy). So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post makes me want to take my kiddos to Disneyland SO BAD! Timmy is almost 4 and still hasn't been. I grew up in the Bay Area and we must have made the drive down at least once a year as kids. Oh well:) Looks like it was a super fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love this post so much :) I met my husband working at Disney World and I was Pluto and Mrs. Incredible lol...seeing her with Minnie just brought back so many fun memories/funny memories. How cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH cute pictures!!! SHe looks JUST like you, wow!! :)

    What a fun time! I can't wait for Olivia to be old enough to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it went pretty well! Maybe I will have to take my 2 year old soon after all!

    ReplyDelete