Friday, June 29, 2012

goodbye, house.

A couple nights ago, we slept in our very first home for the very last time.  I get attached to things way too easily, and I'll admit I shed a tear or two saying goodbye to our house that we made a home.  
While we had plenty of complaints living there -- some ... interesting neighbors, about-to-fall-over fence, a roof that needed to be re-done; we made some amazing memories there.  We were newlyweds in this house.  I became pregnant three times while in this house. We brought home our beautiful baby girl in this house.  This house was filled with so much love the last three years, & I'll miss it. 

 I'll never forget the day we made an offer. We were 19 & 21 years old, & honestly could have bought a shack in the worst part of town with duct taped windows and we would have been elated.  But then we found this house, and we were head over heels in love!  We were so excited, making lists of all the DIY projects we would do, driving by it all the time while we were in escrow, & choosing paint samples at Home Depot.  We sure had some good times in our little house.  

With that being said, we are thrilled for our new house!  We found a neighborhood we love in a great area, and the house has a floor plan that will work perfect for our family, especially as it grows.  There is a little lake there with ducks, walking trails, and benches.  (I won't lie, I was sold as soon as I saw that pretty little lake.) It's also in a gated community with 24 hour security which will help me sleep a little more sound at night. I'm kind of a worry wart being home alone with Aubrey all the time.  The house should be done being built the end of August, so we are living with my parents for the time being.  Aubrey is loving getting even more attention than usual!  



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new place! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new house is so gorgeous, looks like a mansion! So so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pics of the new place!! :) I'm sure I will feel the same way when we move out of our house! SO many memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new house! What an exciting new chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sorry you have to leave your first home.
    but new and exciting adventures are starting!
    cant wait to see the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in So. Calif & no way could a 19 year old buy even a Two bedroom condo unless parents footed the bill. A two bedroom condo here is $350,000 to $400,000.

    ReplyDelete