Monday, July 9, 2012

gender thoughts, pregnancy update, & a sixteen month check up.

This Friday I find out if the baby cooking inside me is a boy or a girl.  I will only be 15 weeks and 1 day, which is exactly how far along I was with Aubrey when we found out she was  girl.  I have absolutely no clue as to what it is!  Last pregnancy, I was secretly hoping for a girl, so I kept telling myself it was a boy. (Everyone has a teeny tiny preference right?!)  This time, I honestly have no preference so I'm just excited to find out.  If it's a girl, that would be really sweet to have sisters close in age.  Honestly, I could have all girls and be happy as a clam.  If it's a boy, then it will all be so new and exciting and I'll get to be introduced to a whole new world!  Plus there is nothing sweeter than a mama's boy. :)  Either way, I am so so excited to see what Heavenly Father has chosen for our family.  


I'm 14 weeks 5 days as of today!  I have zero morning sickness now, which is a major blessing!  I'm still pretty tired, but luckily I have a fabulous toddler that takes a consistent 3.5-4 hour nap daily.  (And to think I used to complain about her napping back in the day!) So, she lets her mama nap.  Other than that and a tad bit of dizziness whenever I stand up, (low blood pressure/anemia), I feel completely normal.  STILL waiting on that bump!  

Aubrey had her 16 month check up today!  We kind of missed the boat on scheduling for 15 months, oops!  She is 21.5 pounds & 32 inches long.  (50% for weight, 90% for height) She had her shots and cried as soon as she saw them -- she knew!  She let out the saddest little wail and I cried right along with her.  I swear I needed a sticker and lollipop afterwards, too.  Aubrey has also had this weird rash the past few days, and the doctor told us it was most likely fifth disease.  So no being around kids for a while for her!  It's apparently pretty contagious but nothing to be concerned about besides that.  Other than the rash, she is growing and developing well.  Very grateful for a healthy, happy baby toddler!




11 comments:

  1. How do you get to find out so early? I love it! Everyone I know has to wait until 20+ weeks! It's so hard waiting that long! :) Can't wait to see what you are having! Do you have any name thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to wait till at least 18 weeks but even then it was closer to 20 when we found out! How exciting, can't wait to hear what you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let your OB know that Aubrey has Fifth disease - it can be dangerous for a pregnancy (I think the odds are low, but better to be safe than sorry).

    Take care - and I can't wait to find out your little one's gender! :)

    P.S. I'm due with another little girl so my Aubrey Jane will have a little sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa - there is a place here that does early ultrasounds for $60-- worth every penny! Lol. Names are still being talked over, hubby and I don't agree on much!

    Carolyn- yes, I definitely let my OB know, although there's absolutely nothing they can do if I can get it. He doesn't seen too concerned though. How exciting for you and your Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should be able to test to see if you are immune to Fifth disease. I'm a teacher, and if there's an outbreak in the school, pregnant teachers need to go to the doctor to see if they are immune. If they are not immune, they are not allowed to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I have an ob appt tomorrow so we will see if he decides to do anything! Luckily I don't work so I don't have to miss! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog. Would you believe that the biggest thing that stood out to me in this post was that nap length. Tell me how you got her there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Well I tried forever to have her take 2 naps a day but once she was one, she just wouldn't take the morning one anymore! So I would just put her down at her afternoon nap time (between 12 & 1) and she slept so much better and longer! She sleeps so long I miss her towards the end, haha. I think since she's just so active she gets worn out and needs to re energize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What time does she get up in the AM and go to bed at night?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck today! Such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete