Saturday, July 21, 2012

my thoughts on two little girls.

Our appointment was at 1:00pm last Friday, & we (me, mom, Steve, & Aubrey) got there about ten minutes early.  The assistant called us back, had me lay down on the table.  Within a minute the ultrasound tech came in, greeted us, & started waving the magic ultrasound wand on my belly.  He started taking a couple pictures since she was in perfect side - profile position, & then all of a sudden I see a between-the-legs shot.  I knew instantly it was a girl!  It looked just like Aubrey's ultrasound.  I let out such an exciting squeal after he nodded when I asked, "It's a girl, huh?!" My heart started racing & all I could do was look at Aubrey & be overwhelmed with happiness - how sweet for her to have a SISTER!  I was as giddy as all get out - I love baby girls!

You see, I never had a sister.  While being the only girl (and the youngest) has awesome perks, I never had a "sis" to share clothes with.  Or to look up to, or be an example for.  Sometimes I get a little jealous when my mom will talk on the phone for hours with her sisters gossiping away.  Sure, I could talk to my brothers--but they'd probably get a little bored talking about celebrity gossip & the perfect shade of nail polish to go with that new dress.  I'm so grateful Aubrey gets to have this experience.  I'd rather her have it than me.  And what a bonus it will be that they will be so close!  They will be in school together, so Aubrey can watch after her little sis.  I'm so excited for those days (however they better not come for a long, long time!) 



We're feeling incredibly blessed around these parts.  Steve is very excited too -- albeit nervous, he WILL be dealing with three estrogen filled girls for the next eighteen years or so.  He's fine with having all girls as long as one of them is tall enough to play basketball. :)

And here she is!  Amazing how cute we think she is regardless of how blurry & pixelated the sonogram is.  I mean, would you LOOK at that button nose?!  Points up like a ski slope, just like big sister's. She's a beauty, spine showing & all!




PS - We taught Aubrey how to say her name (which we will announce sometime soon) & it makes our hearts turn into a puddle on the floor.  It's the cutest thing!



8 comments:

  1. So sweet and exciting! I love sono pictures - just a little glimpse into the pure perfection your creating :) Can't wait to hear the fun new name you guys have chosen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I always wondered how it would be to have a sister, and always wished I had one as a child. They will have so much fun together through the years! I can't wait to hear the name you guys chose for her. Congratulations once again so excited for you guys! My girl is 13 today and I'm sure you often hear how fast the grow up...they aren't kidding. Can't believe how clear the Sonogram is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that is a cute little profile! I can SO relate to this post. I'm also the youngest and only girl. I too always wondered what it would be like to have a sister so now that I have two little girls of my own, it warms my heart to know that they'll have that special sister bond. You're in for an awesome ride Lisa! PS- Cant wait to see what name you guys picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had a sister either....just four brothers! I always wanted one and I always wanted to have two of each sex so they could each experience the joys of brothers and sisters... but that's just not in the cards. :( I do love seeing the bond grow between my son and daughter. He is already the protective older brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im exactly a year and nine months older than my sister. So pretty much the same as your kids! We are STILL best friends! Have to admit though, for a couple of years we fought like close sisters do. But we've had waaaayy more good memories than bad :) so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO sweet!! I had always wanted a sister too!!!! OMG, how adorable Aubrey must sound saying her little sisters name!! :) Can't wait for you to annouce it and how you came up with the name! :) Hope you will post a video of aubrey saying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so great!! aubrey will be the best little sis around, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH!!! I miss your blogs so much because I get to get the FULL stories of things I see on facebook! LIKE this adorable ultrasound!! She's already so precious and perfect! Love the little button nose too!

    I always dreamed of having a sister as well and get jealous of my mom too, so I totally get it. I'm so excited for you to have TWO beautiful daughters.. and excited to see a whole new era of blogs, pictures and posts with even MORE girly perfection!!

    ReplyDelete