Tuesday, August 14, 2012

20 weeks!

Okay, whoa.  How am I halfway done with this pregnancy?  Wasn't I just crying happy tears in the bathroom after seeing a faint pink line on a pregnancy test the other week?  I can't even imagine how fast it will go once we move into our house next month & we'll be busy busy busy unpacking & getting all settled in.  January will be here before we know it!

Yesterday I had my 20 week anatomy ultrasound.  There is nothing that makes me more at peace than seeing my little baby girl on that screen moving around with a strong heartbeat.  Everything is looking good & she's right on schedule for meeting us on January 2nd. (let's hope it's not too much later than that, it's daddy's busiest few weeks of the year at work) And needless to say, she's still a girl!  :)

Here's a nice, alien-like picture of our sweet little angel.


As far as this pregnancy, I'm in the dreamy stage.  My babies are pretty good to me so far, pregnancy & labor wise.  (Well let's hope this labor is just like last time.)  The worst part is just being in this awful heat wave (today was 107!) I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible - poor Aubrey is getting bored! I'm starting to feel little movements that make my heart so happy.  Every single time I feel her is a soothing reassurance that she is healthy & okay.

And last, I'll leave you with a "bump" picture - half way done!


14 comments:

  1. That skirt is adorable and I can't believe you are 20 weeks already. It really does go by fast. I'm 28 weeks now and I feel it will be over before I know it which actually makes me a little sad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR SKIRT. STOP IT, SO FREAKING PERFECT. WHERE?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! 20 weeks already?!!

    You look SO gorgeous! Your hair looks amazing & I LOVE your outfit!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look SO adorable!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Pregnancy suits you :)

    I totally know what you mean about the baby "still" being a girl...I may or may not have had the doctor confirm that my baby is a girl at three different appointments...yeah, I'm a little insane :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I am so curious about her name...can't wait to hear it! And you have the best pregnancy wardrobe ever...feel free to pack it up and ship it my way if you ever get sick of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all, you sure know how to make a preggo feel good :) And anon - my skirt is from macys online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing...as already stated :] you wear pregnancy very well!

    Happy 1/2 way mark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!!! Where do you get your cute colorful shirts like the one in the picture and the pink one you wore in the wedding post??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jamie :) This shirt was from Downeast Basics & the pink one was from H&M!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your so cute and so fashionable! You always look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your skirt! I am almost 24 weeks and I feel like time is going by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa,I'm Ruth, from the UK and I absolutley LOVE your blog! Aubrey is such a beautiful little cutie and I can't wait to 'meet' your new princess! We are about to ttc our second baby, my daughter, Holly is 3, and although I wouldn't care what sex the baby was, part of me would LOVE another girl. Looking forward to your next post xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blog and congrats on the baby girl! I have kiddos close in age to yours :-). I'm not a big commenter to things at all, but as a medical professional I wanted to say please don't post your photo with your name, DOB, medical record #, and hospital showing! I know it's totally innocent but it just makes me so nervous. The cute ultrasound? Yes! Your identifiers? I'd cut those off! Sorry, I don't mean to scare you or be weird by writing this, but I just wanted to put that out there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete