Saturday, August 25, 2012

just a sweet little moment.

The other night Steve was going to be home from work late, so I just decided to order a pizza & have it delivered. (I feel so grown up when I do this for some reason.)  I cut up a few small pieces for Aubrey & set them in front of her on her plate.  I then sliced me up a piece & started eating it - I was MAD hungry.  I asked Aubrey how her pizza was & glanced over at her to see how she was doing, & her pizza hadn't been touched.  My sweet girl had her arms folded & head bowed.  She looked up at me, put a finger over her mouth, & said, "Shhhhh."  I about died.  I couldn't believe that my baby was reminding ME to pray.  That I had started eating before SHE did & I was "interrupting" HER prayer.  She was telling us what we tell her to do every night before dinner.  "Fold your arms, Aubrey!  Prayer time!  Bow your head, close your eyes!  Shhh, quiet during prayer, Aubrey."  

Aubrey, you are such a great example to me.  Thank you for making me a little better every single day. I love you!



5 comments:

  1. Awe, that really is so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Good parenting paying off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cute. It gave me the chills because she remembered! How sweet she is. (:

    ReplyDelete