Tuesday, September 18, 2012

twenty four weeks!

I have good news & bad news this week.  Good news: I don't have gestational diabetes this time!  I was in shock when the nurse called to let me know.  Last pregnancy I was such a health freak - and I got it. Luckily, I didn't have to change much in my diet, just had to poke my finger to make sure my sugar was at an okay level a few times a day.  This pregnancy, I've been a little more laid back.  Still eat pretty healthy, but if I feel like a brownie, I eat a brownie.  Needless to say - I'm pretty happy that I don't have to poke my finger a zillion times in the next few months, & that this pregnancy is healthy.  I won't have to be induced on my due date (won't lie, kind of sad about that one).  

Speaking of due date, here's the bad news.  Well it more just sucks for me, it's not BAD news.  My due date got pushed back a week.  It was January 2nd, but now it is January 8th.  I know six little days doesn't seem like much, but I remember just how anxious I was last go-around, so I'm sure it's just as bad the second time.  I will survive though, and you never know - I could be early!  Not getting my hopes up on that one.

My belly is definitely out there for the world to see!  I had my first stranger notice I was pregnant the other week.  Most people are surprised when I tell them how far along I am, but I really don't feel that small.  I went from barely showing at all to BAM!  There's a fetus in here!  I love this stage of the baby bump - just big enough to tell you're pregnant, but not huge & lumpy looking.  Better enjoy it because it does not seem to last long..


How far along? 24 weeks - that's almost 6 months!  Insane.  

Total weight gain/loss: 9-10 lbs.

 Maternity clothes? No, but size zero jeans officially need the rubberband-around-the-button trick to be able to be worn.  Trying to just wear long shirts too.  

Stretch marks? No.

Best moment this week: No diabetes - shocked, but yay!

Miss anything: Not looking extremely awkward when I bend down to pick up something off the floor.  Laying flat on my back!  I keep on catching myself doing this in the middle of the night & then freak out if I don't feel her kick right away.  Also miss those deli sammies!

Movement: Yes, not a TON but I love when I do.  A while ago I went about 3 days without feeling her & was pretty worried - she's just not super active I guess!

  Food cravings: No, but I feel like I eat a LOT these days. :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.

Have you started to show yet: Yes!  

  Gender:  Girl!  

Labor Signs: No but I had some killer back pain the other day - even took a Tylenol it was so bad.  A pregnancy first for me!  I'm one of those moms that drug their baby up with an epidural though, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal ;) 

  Belly Button in or out? It's pretty close to popping out!  Weirdest looking thing ever.  

Wedding rings on or off? On!  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy mama!

Looking forward to: Painting the nursery.  Okay, watching Steve paint the nursery.  And Aubrey's room.  And our bathroom.  He's going to be a busy boy the next few weeks!  Can't wait to put some color on these walls though.  

8 comments:

  1. you look SO adorable and yay for no gestational diabetes!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious, you are ADORABLE!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I have a 7 month old and I am currently 10 weeks pregnant! I hope we are having another little girl too! Can't wait to find out. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One extra week to spend with just you and aubs!

    You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! That is great news about the GD!!

    You look great girl!! I can't wait to see the bedding you picked out and the nursery reveal!! I am glad you found a place to get it for cheaper!! Knowing me I would just spend the savings on baby clothes! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look AMAZING and so glad (and such a relief) that you don't have gestational diabetes... It is like I always say - there is nothing you can control during pregnancy (exercise and healthy eating just help!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, your second is coming fast! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when ppl would tell me I was so "tiny" during my pregnancy but I felt huge lol! It always feels that way when you're the one who's pregnant huh? ;) Anyway you look great! Pregnancy definitely suites you. Awesome news about not having GD this time round!

    ReplyDelete