Thursday, September 6, 2012

we moved in!

We are in our new home!  It's been a busy week moving, unpacking, & finding new places for all of our things, but we are finally settling in & feeling like this is "home" to us.

  We are grateful to live in this neighborhood - I get giddy every time I see a young mom walking a stroller around the lake in our community, a potential friend!  The neighborhood was one thing we were particularly choosy about when we bought our house.  Not only were we choosing a home, we were choosing a community of people that our children will be surrounded by their whole lives. (at least the plan is to live here forever.) It is a big relief to feel a sense of wholesomeness here that we did not feel in our last neighborhood.  We are not used to people waving & saying hello as we drive by, or coming up to introduce themselves.  It's a comforting feeling to see how friendly people are around here. I can remember in our last house I was making cookies one night & really needed 2 eggs, but didn't have any.  I could not think of one neighbor I felt comfortable asking if I could borrow some, so I drove to the store instead.  I already feel like I could ask one or two of our neighbors if I needed some eggs.

 I walked Aubrey to the little park at the end of our street today & as I watched her play, I could really picture our future here.  I think she is just as happy as we are!  She loves exploring all the new rooms & quacking at the ducks when we drive by the lake.  She also knows where the new snack cabinet is & visits it regularly.

I don't have any pictures quite yet to show you guys, we are working room by room to get things all set up, so I might just do a post each time we finish a room. We still have a few big things to check off our list - window coverings being number one!  It's been interesting to say the least having no blinds or curtains - one of the "cons" of buying a new home, but we will get some soon!  We can only crawl around the floor like ninjas ducking under windows for so long. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I was wondering if you guys were in yet. It's exciting, isn't it? I'm glad you're happy with the home and where it is. From facebook it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics.
    A nice and friendly neighbourhood makes all the difference! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first house was a brand new house too. We also had no window coverings for a while! It takes an extra long time to get settled into new houses! So much stuff to buy! But its fun because you can choose exactly what you want and don't have to "work with" anything the previous homeowners chose! Anyway can't wait to see! Btw, what is your instagram username? I want to add you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can buy white paper accordion coverings at home depot or lowes that you can cut to size. They just stick to the window glass or frame. They look nice, are approved by most hoa's and are cheep until you can get some you really like. An EASY temporary fix for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Im so happy for you guys! Have fun with all of the decorating! Im itching to redo our whole house already! Putting curtains up being the number one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new home! I totally agree about the whole neighborhood thing- it's SO important so I'm glad to hear that you guys are happy. BTW how on earth are you finding the energy to move, unpack, decorate etc.?! I remember being so wiped out during my pregnancy, I think I would've died having to do what you're doing lol! You're one tough chick Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete