Monday, October 29, 2012

30 weeks.


So my pregnancy has changed drastically since the last update.  Mainly because: the C word. Contractions!  With Aubrey, I didn't have one single braxton hicks contraction until I was about 36-37 weeks.  Even then they were just at night and sporadic until I was closer to 40 weeks.  Once I hit 26 weeks this time, I've been having them constantly.  Two days ago, I was having several contractions every time I would get up, or even just adjust how I was sitting.  Even a simple cough was giving me these pretty uncomfortable contractions!  But, I knew that with a second pregnancy your body just "remembers" & they can be sooner & more frequent so I tried not to let it bother me.  Well, that night I went to bed, still having them & woke up constantly with intense contractions.  The kind you can't really sleep through.  I couldn't sleep all night & just had this bad feeling so the next morning (Sunday)  I called an advice nurse.  She said to go to labor and delivery as soon as I could because I was having more than 6 contractions an hour (it was more like 16).  The contractions had pretty much stopped by then, but she said to come anyways since they were like that all night.  So long story short - got to the hospital, they monitored my contractions, which were frequent but not consistent, & they sent me home.  They said to try my best to not do anything to bring on the intense contractions - rest as much as possible, don't lift anything (ha! I have a 25 lb toddler..), & basically just take it really easy.  

So there we have it.  My first experience as the worried pregnant girl that goes to labor & delivery only to get sent home!  I still felt better after going to get peace of mind.

Besides that little "scare", things have been pretty good!

How far along? 30 weeks!  The 30's weeks go by SO incredibly fast.  She will be here in a little over 2 months. Insane!

Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds

 Maternity clothes? Nope

Stretch marks? Nope

Best moment this week: Finding out baby is A - okay!

Complaints:
Contractions, & the latest: RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME!  I swear I'm gonna go nuts at night.  

Movement: Yes, starting to feel those lovely rib kicks :)

  Food cravings: Nahh, I'll eat anything!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, that awful stage is long gone.

Have you started to show yet: Um, YES!  Just call me bumpzilla!

  Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: No, but my body sure is practicing :) 

  Belly Button in or out? Out!  

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy... but oh so tired.  

Looking forward to: Halloween (dressing up after all!), finishing nursery, a Saturday off with my husband & baby girl, & definitely holding this sweet baby girl in my belly!  Getting so anxious.  

6 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous!!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top!

    Glad to hear you are ok! Take it easy lady. Don't want little miss to come too early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! Glad you and baby are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time you need to be aware of your baby's blood type, if it is different from yours you may face some problems due to mismatch of the blood, don't worry this happens rarely, if there is a mismatch also you have moderns medicines to cure the problems.

    Pregnancy Week by Week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to freak you out, but please don't be at ease yet!

    You just described my pregnancy experience (intense contractions early on, going to L&D and being sent home,) and I had my little boy at 34 weeks on October 9th (3 weeks ago today,) after a bad bout of what I believed was BH contractions, and he's been in the NICU since. (We are going home tomorrow on oxygen, if, fingers crossed, things keep going as well as they have the last 12 hours!)

    Be very wary of any fluid discharge, even if it doesn't all come out at once, your amniotic fluid can leak for weeks following contractions like that, and it can seem like normal pregnancy discharge. I'm worried about you! Take it very easy--take the advice to not lift heavy things very seriously, even if it means hiring a teenager in the neighborhood to help at home.

    You don't want to end up anywhere near the NICU with your baby, especially when you have a little girl at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously so gorgeous!! I hope if I ever have another baby I look as great as you while pregnant! You make it look so easy!!

    Sorry to hear about your scare, I am glad everything is good with you and baby girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete