Tuesday, October 23, 2012

happy birthday, mama.

When I was about 11 years old, I reached down to grab something under a big shelf and when I stood back up, I hit my head on the shelf & it fell and broke every last one of my grandma's antique teacups that she had passed down to my mom.  My grandma had just passed away a year or so before & I knew they meant a LOT to my mom.  I stood there & watched as the teacups fell, one by one, shattering on the ground.  I felt terrible & didn't even know how to face my mom.  She came running to the room & saw me crying, & all she said or asked was if I was okay.  She never got mad, or made me feel bad about it at all.  

My mama has always been such a great example to me & I'm so grateful that she is my mom. 
One of the biggest reasons I've always been so excited to have little girls of my own was so we can build a friendship like my mom & I have. She is my best friend & I love her so much.  

Happy birthday, Mama!


4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! Your mom sounds amazing!!

    Happy birthday to your mama, I hope she has a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you are gorgeous! How old are you in this photo? Hope you have a wonderful day with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my beautiful daughter!!! You made my day. I love you so much. And just so you know... your feelings meant way more to me than those antique cups!!!
    You are such a wonderful daughter, friend and mother and I am so proud of you.
    I love every moment I get to spend with you and Aubrey. Can hardly wait until Kate is here.
    I am so blessed to have you for a daughter and friend!!!

    Love,

    Mama

    ReplyDelete