Tuesday, October 16, 2012

nervous, excited. and nervous.

I'm nervous about:

-Having another baby & figuring out our new routine & lifestyle.

-Moving Aubrey to a big girl bed. (In no rush, that's why we bought an extra crib!)

-Weaning Aubrey from the binky. She only has it at naptime & bedtime but I don't want her going to bed in kindergarten needing a binky! Her dr said this is the worst age to drop the binky though, since we can't explain to her what's going on & bribe her with things like toys & "binky fairies".  We'll wait until next year most likely..

-Going through labor again.  I had a pretty easy labor last time, but who knows how this one will be!

-Never being able to leave the house again because I'll have a toddler AND a baby.  Then again I thought I'd never be able to leave the house with one, & that worked out okay..

-Having a newborn during my husband's extremely busy time of year, where he gets home late several nights a week & works all weekend long minus Sundays.  

-How my body will look after having this baby.  

-Not being able to "sleep when the baby sleeps" during the day to make up for lost hours at night.  Having two is a whole other ball game!

-Nursing!  Last time was hell, & I already have mastitis (One of the main reasons I stopped last time) just from the tiny bit of milk that has come in.  

-Potty training!  Can't decide if I want to try before baby #2 or if I should just wait until she's a little over two like most.  She's got the basics down but she goes SO often.  Not sure if her little bladder is ready yet.

-Driving.  Ever since my little "accident," if you can call it that, I have been the most paranoid driver ever.  So sorry if you have driven behind me the past several months.  Just call me Granny! Oh, & I haven't braved the freeway since then either.  When you see your life flash before your eyes you just kinda want to stay in your house or walk everywhere. :)

Excited for:

-Bringing another little girl into our family.  I know many people wonder "How can I love my next baby as much as my first?"  I don't feel this way at all.  I never could have imagined before Aubrey how much love I would have for her, so I assume it's a lot like that with the second.  I'm excited for my heart to double in size & fall in love all over again.

-Getting shutters installed on our windows. TOMORROW.  No more white trash cardboard as window coverings! 

-The holidays.  This year Aubrey will understand a little more & be SO fun.  Wish I could bottle her up right now & have her stay 19 months forever.  Funniest, cutest, sweetest age to date.  (I realize I say this every month)

-Making headbands, blankets, & tutus for little girl #2.  I have been very, very bad about my goal to not get any girl things since I've already had a girl.  I just can't help it.  I could have 100 baby girls.  

-Maternity/Family photos in a few weeks!  Got our outfits all planned out, fingers crossed that mine will still fit!

-Finishing the nursery.  I don't know what it is about moms (including me) having to finish the nursery before the baby comes (not like they sleep in their crib for several months later anyways), but man oh man does it feel good to walk by her room & picture me rocking her in there.  

-Aubrey to become a big sister.  Some days I honestly get really sad about it, not having her be the only baby around anymore.  I'm hoping that we keep the whole situation really positive, & are still able to give her all the attention she deserves.  And of course let her help out with the baby as MUCH (or as little) as she wants.  As I've been praying about it a lot recently, I've felt a lot of comfort about the situation & feel that although there will be hard times, she is going to rock at a being an awesome big sister.  

Okay, mind = cleared.  Thanks for letting me vent & gush to you all.  




7 comments:

  1. I had I swear every same conce, however, now with having two I feel comforted in seeing how things are working out. Some things have been easier and some harder but like with anything in life we just get through the bad and enjoy the good. And if all else fails you'll at least have beautiful, stylish girls to cuddle inside with :). I am already planning a bunch of holiday crafts, parties and things to do to help keep my sanity during the gloom and doom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only one with these concerns :) And that makes me feel so much better that things are working out with your two little ones. Yay!

      Delete
  2. I had I swear every same conce, however, now with having two I feel comforted in seeing how things are working out. Some things have been easier and some harder but like with anything in life we just get through the bad and enjoy the good. And if all else fails you'll at least have beautiful, stylish girls to cuddle inside with :). I am already planning a bunch of holiday crafts, parties and things to do to help keep my sanity during the gloom and doom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so nervous going from one to two and mine are 7 & 1/2 yrs apart!

    Something that stuck out to me was your nervousness about breastfeeding. I had a horrible experience with nursing my 1st baby (very similar to what you went through with Aubrey) and I was so devastated that I wasn't able to do it. With (my) Aubrey I was determined to get it right and even though we had many challenges with nursing, we got through it. If you want to read about our story here-- http://bit.ly/NeBQvg maybe it'll help in some way.

    Anyway, off topic, I anxious to see what name you've picked for the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read the post Andria - thanks so much for sharing! It always gives me so much hope to see a second-try success story!

      Delete
  4. All of your concerns are a lot of mine too (and I'm not pregnant!) haha I think it is normal! A is going to be such a great big sister, I think she is going to be a great big helper and love on her new baby!!

    I am excited for you to share pics of the nursery and baby girls name!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Monique had all three of her kids throw their own binkys away when they turned two. It's like their "right of passage" to being big boys. Then if they whine for it later, she tells them, "You threw it away, remember?" They've all done really well with it...just a thought :) Obviously I'm not a mom so I only know what I see my friends do and this worked well for her so I thought I'd pass it along :) You'll be great, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete