Wednesday, November 7, 2012

20 months?!

20 months sounds a little too close to 24 months for me.  24 months = 2 years old.  Can we really be at this point already?  Should I really start planning a 2nd birthday party already?  

This month has been basically the same as last month so I don't need to do a whole shabang post about all the new things miss Aubrey is doing.  But here's just a few things I want to remember as this is her baby book.  (Yay for blog books!)

- Aubrey is in 12-18 months & 18-24 months clothes.  Size 4 diapers.  Size SIX shoe.  (Feels like we skipped size 5 I swear.)

- She says "Thankyouwelcome!" instead of just "thank you."  Can't even correct her, it's just too cute.

-Learned all her ABC's this month.  She can say & recognize them all, & it's her favorite thing to do with me!  She also knows numbers 1-10, & her shapes.  Not sure why but she is not catching on to colors at all!  We've tried everything in the book, wondering if she's colorblind??  

- Terrified of the car wash.  And old people.  And halloween decor.  And the vacuum.  

- Still in her mama phase.  This girl must have me with her at all times.  If daddy carries her upstairs, she starts whining for me immediately.  She follows me around all day like a little puppy and is constantly grabbing my hand.  I know this phase will be short & I'll miss it someday so I'm soaking this allll up.  

-Started doing timeouts a month or so ago & she recently decided they are the greatest thing ever!  If we tell her to go to time out now, she runs over there and laughs in the corner the whole time.  So, apparently that won't be the form of discipline that is going to be happening around here!  

-Obsessed with my dad.  Always is talking on her fake cell phone to "Papa." 



Love you sweet girl!  

11 comments:

  1. My daughter struggled with colors too until just recently (she's 2.5)...she had no interest in learning colors, but then one day it was as if she woke up and decided she would learn them all at the same time...now she knows all the basics and is starting to learn shades....i think colors just take longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! It's so weird because colors seem so much easier than letters? Glad to see she might not be colorblind after all - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha-you know i was wondering the same thing (if she was possibly color-blind), i started grilling my husband on his family history...he was like "you seriously need to chill out, she's barely 2..." haha-oh the wisdom of my husband...and he was right!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brains, looks and manners - what a doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smart little lady! All of her abc's by 2! Good for her..and you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't worry about the colours. I had the same fear as i would spend 20min teaching her blue and yellow, then 1 hour later...it's as if i taught her nothing. She just seemed to click about 2 months after her 2nd bday. I went around the house and told her to grab anything blue. We made a big pile of blue things, and that seemed to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Yeah I think one morning she'll wake up and it will just click!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe she is 20 months!!!!!!! She looks just like you! Your little mini!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get her top? I absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Target a couple months ago! That's where 3/4 of her clothes are from, lol!

      Delete
  9. how freaking cute is she?! Time flys, take lots of pictures!!!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete