Monday, November 26, 2012

thanksgiving weekend.

Aubrey & I were lucky enough to have Steve all to ourselves this whole Thanksgiving weekend - five whole days in a row!  We were in heaven having him home.  

His first day off we wanted to go to the snow so Aubrey could play in it, but the weather was iffy & rainy so we decided to try out the Sacramento Children's Museum.  Aubrey had a ton of fun painting, playing water games, & doing all sorts of fun activities including "Mommy & Me Yoga class" with her dad. (8 months preggo + downward dog just wasn't gonna happen.)  Aubrey had such a good time she took a four hour nap, mom & dad joined. :)



Thanksgiving Day Steve played football with some guys from our ward (church) in the morning while Aubrey & I slept in.  I spent the morning making chocolate pies, we all took a family nap, & then headed to my mom's for the big feast.  Every year I tell myself I'll just eat a "little of each thing" so I don't feel awful afterwards & it just never happens - oh well!  Life's too short to not have 3 helpings of mashed potatoes.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Friday we recovered & spent the day decorating for Christmas.  Aubrey even got to decorate her own little tree I got her (my favorite Christmas tradition when I was little).  We bumped up the Michael Buble Holiday Pandora station on the tv & went to town putting up all our decor we've gotten over the years.  We also read Aubrey the "Elf on the Shelf" book & starting hiding him around the house.  (Aubrey loves the thing.) That night Steve & I got a rare night out to ourselves & saw "Breaking Dawn".  Loved it!  Steve even liked it, too. :)



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Saturday was spent going to breakfast, Christmas shopping for Aubrey and some family, & going to BJ's for dinner.  Aubrey managed to spill a huge cup of milk at breakfast & then go on to break a plate at dinner.  Don't worry, we tipped well.  

I have so many things to be grateful for - but what it really comes down to is the privilege of spending forever with these people.


3 comments:

  1. Your family photo is absolutely stunning, I love how you coordinated but didn't necessarily "match". You have amazing taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Buble Holiday on pandora has been our recent fave too! And you don't even look pregnant in your family pictures?? So cute!!

    ReplyDelete