Monday, December 3, 2012

aubrey says.

Can I just say how much of a breath of fresh air it is to have a talking toddler?  She can tell us what's wrong, what she needs/wants, & it's just plain cuteness all day, every day.  (With a little bit of naughty mixed in of course) The past couple of months her vocab went from 2 words put together here & there to full on sentences!  It catches me by surprise every time & sometimes I just look at Steve & say, "Wait, she knows what that word is?!"  Or, "How did she figure out how to string that sentence together?"  Apparently gabbing all the time to her during her 21 months of life has done some good after all.

For example, when she is hungry she'll let us know.  "Mama, I want food."  "Mama, crackers please?" "No milky.  I want water." The other day when we were at Denny's for breakfast (we're classy) she yelled to the waitress, "I WANT FOOOOOD!"  Still working on manners :)

She also knows when someone is sad & is the sweetest little thing to them.  I drew a sad face on her magnadoodle & she said, "Aww. Sad mama!  Aubrey give hugs." And she hugged her magnadoodle.  If she is acting up, I'll say that it makes me sad when she acts like that, & she'll say, "Want a hug, mama?"  and she'll hug me.  It makes her so sad when she sees anything with a sad face or talking about people that are sad.  Sweetheart!

Aubrey gets to watch one tv show a day everyday after lunch.  It used to always be "Mickey", but I didn't want her to get obsessed with it & not ever want to try any other shows, so now I let her pick out of a few.  I'll ask her which show she wants, & she'll tell me.  

Her newest "thing" she's doing lately is saying, "Daddy.. I want a doggy."  or "Daddy.. I want a kitty."  He always laughs & says, "No doggy for you!" and she thinks it's hilarious.  She does this all day long randomly.  It's just so funny because she pauses so long after saying, "Daddy..." or "Mama..."  I seriously don't know where she comes up with this stuff!

A coworker once told me, "Being a mom is so hard until they learn to talk!"  I can totally understand that now. While some things get harder with age, some things get so much easier.  Her being able to tell me what she needs & wants will sure come in handy in a month when I'm dealing with two babies.  Hooray for less whining & more talking!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




3 comments:

  1. she gets more and more adorable! yay for talking toddlers! :)

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, love the talking! My 3 year old constantly amazes me w/ this words, I'm always like how does he know what that means?? ha It's so cute hearing them talk away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, new follower here :) I just wanted to say how adorable your little girl is! I'm a new mom and this just got me so excited for when she can communicate with me :)

    Jocelyn
    Newbabykeigan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete