Friday, January 4, 2013

39.5 weeks



I'm happy, sad, & mostly just excited to be writing my final pregnancy post.  I know there's a possibility I could have a 41st week, but I'm just not letting that be an option in my head right now.  It just wouldn't be healthy for my sanity.

I'm not miserable or anything.  Just extremely antsy!  For some (stupid) reason, I thought I might be early with this one.  I started having braxton hicks so early with this baby, so I let it get to my head & think I might be a lucky one.  But here I sit, with irregular contractions happening on & off all day & all night.  The past few weeks have flown by because of the holidays, but since Steve has gone back to work a few days ago time is c r a w l i n g by.  It doesn't help that Aubrey got a nasty cold this week, so we couldn't really go out & keep busy!  With Aubrey, I worked full time up until my due date, so I stayed busy & didn't have time to even think about twiddling my thumbs.  My bags have been packed for weeks, my house is deep cleaned, & I literally have zero things to do to get ready for this baby.  

As far as how I've been feeling, I'm doing pretty good, considering I'm days away from being due.  I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and they said my cervix was getting softer, & the baby has dropped, but I haven't really dilated or effaced.  Never the news a pregnant lady wants to hear!  I have another appointment this Monday & I'm hoping for better news, & might even schedule an induction date depending on what the doctor thinks about the size of the baby.  It's crazy how I'm days away from having this baby, but it seems like lightyears.  You know how when you go camping or on vacation somewhere & the days just seem so long?  Well, it's like that, but no smores by the fire or laying out on the beach.  Besides the inevitable antsy-ness, I just have the same ol pregnancy third trimester symptoms: LOTS of bathroom trips, back pain, heartburn, restless legs, & sleeping troubles.  I can't complain too much.  Pregnancy has been good to me so far with both my babies.  

I'm trying to just relax & enjoy these last few days being a mama of one to my little girl.  Her world is about to be rocked & she has no idea!  We've just been chilling at home all week, playing with her new Christmas toys, taking lots of bubble baths, & watching Disney shows. She has all of me right now with no distractions.  I can't help but get emotional at night when I rock her before bed - she is such a joy.  She is going to do awesome, & be a great little helper.

I sure do hope my next post on here will be announcing a new baby girl's arrival!





10 comments:

  1. Ah yes. I remember writing about feeling anxious not too long ago. ;) I too thought the baby would come early because of it being my third, and having lots of Braxton hicks contractions early on. However she came right on my due date. 40 weeks exactly. I think what might have helped was walking about 2 miles the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be thinking of you. Good luck birthing mama! Excited to read the announement x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so exciting!! ill think thinkin about ya and I hope everything goes wonderful. So excited to see your sweet baby girl, and hear about how everything went : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! Thinking of you and hoping it happens soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. u look gorgeous! perfect bump, hope you have your little baby by now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so gorgeous! Good luck, I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best of luck, i remember that what do i do now everything's done feeling i had at the end of the pregnancy and couldn't wait for her to get out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! Saw you had the little one! She's beautiful! PS could you make a FB page so you can update us with photos and more regular updates? That'd be awesome! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got your wish and now I cannot wait until your next blog/first blog on beautiful little Kate! So happy you didn't have to get induced or wait any longer to have her, I know how slow time goes by at the end, and so happy your little princess is finally here<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, so close! i still have a few months to go but i can't imagine how excited i'll be when i'm 40 weeks pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete