Thursday, January 10, 2013

happy birthday to my other half!

I'm writing this post ahead of time & scheduling it because I have this tiny feeling that I'll be in the hospital with a new little girl on the actual day.  (PLEASE?!)  

 I couldn't let this day go by without a special shout out to my Steve.  I need to brag for a moment.  This guy works a full time job, runs his own business  on the side part time, GOES TO SCHOOL part time just to have a degree under his belt, (one semester left, yay!), holds a very busy calling in our church, and still somehow manages to come home at the end of his days to "his girls" as he calls us & helps with dinner, Aubrey's bedtime routine, & spends the rest of the evening hanging out with me.  He is a busy guy but you'll never hear him complain about the sacrifices he makes for us.

Steve recently was called at church to be the ward mission leader.  We're talking 2 meetings on Sundays, one during the week, & pretty much always "on call" for the missionaries in our ward if they need anything.  When the bishop gave him this calling, I remember instantly thinking of myself & how this was just going to take Steve out of the home MORE.  So selfish, I know.  But since he's gotten this calling, the blessings in our life have just continued to flow & I know it's because of his willingness to serve the Lord.  He has never hesitated about having to go meet with the missionaries, help out at the temple, help give a blessing, etc.  He has always put the Lord first for our family which I know is the main reason we are so incredibly blessed.  

I'm so grateful to have married the most amazing man.  His daughters are so lucky to have him as an example of how a man should treat a woman.  (And I'm pretty lucky to be that woman!)

Happy birthday Steve.  Sorry if you had to share a birthday with our new baby, LOL!  

Just little babies on our honeymoon!


6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Happy birthday to Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to your hubby! he sure seems like a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa you are so sweet! Happy birthday to Steve, seems like you re both extremly blessed to have eachother (and of course your beautifl daughters as well!) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa you are so sweet! Happy birthday to Steve, seems like you re both extremly blessed to have eachother (and of course your beautifl daughters as well!) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haѵe reaԁ so manу articles
    or rеvieωs regarԁing the bloggеr
    lovers but this piece of ωгiting іs genuіnely
    a nice paragraph, kееp it up.

    My web blog :: nootropics
    Also visit my web blog :: improve focus

    ReplyDelete