Tuesday, January 22, 2013

second child syndrome. (letter to kate)

Kate,

It's been over two weeks now since you joined our family.  You have blended in quite perfectly & I can now laugh at myself for all my silly worries that I had when I was pregnant with you.  One of my biggest worries was that you wouldn't feel as special, or wouldn't get as much attention.  In other words - second child syndrome.  What I didn't know was that being a "second child" definitely has it's perks.  Things are so much more calm this time with you.  We know what we're doing (a little bit) more.  We're not frantically googling things like 'cluster feedings' & 'when will I sleep again'.  Experience is on our side & you get to enjoy having relaxed parents.  We also know, without a doubt, how fast time goes the first few weeks/months.  We know that the constant feedings fade, sleepless nights end, and guess what?  We know that we will miss them, as hard as they might seem at the moment.  You may not have had a big baby shower, endless new clothes, or as much of a fuss made when we were pregnant with you, but I can tell you that you were just as wanted, just as loved, & are being just as enjoyed as if you were our first.

You are such a blessing, Kate.  You add such a sweet spirit into our home that feels so perfect & right.  It is beyond any doubt that you are meant to be in our family.  I just want you to know we are relishing this time with you so, so much. We are soaking in every second of your tiny, sweet self.  

We love you sweet girl.

Mama, Daddy, & Big Sister too. 





11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful words, and stunning photos. Your Kate (And Aubrey too) are lucky to have you as their mama.

    Janea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all of your blogs, but these updates of life with two babies is my far my favorite. I'm expecting my second in April and have the same worries you mention. I'm glad to know its mostly (if not all) for not! Your girls are blessed as much as you and your husband are to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 kids. They are 5,3,and 7mos. Each child has brought us a different blessing and enlightenment to life. We love them all the same but differently. As they grow to be different people. This blog makes me want another one but at the same time, I hear from another room the fighting LOL. Oh well kids are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa this post is precious! Not only is Kate absolutely adorable, Aubrey too. But you look 100% fantastic!!! You can just see your glow and love of motherhood. I completely envy and look up to you. I have been following your blog for awhile now (not a creeper, I swear! haha) and I just want you to know that your girls are so lucky to have you as their mom. Congratulations on baby Kate, she is a gem. We're expecting our second (a boy!) in July and I have had some of the same worries as you and this just sets my mind at ease. Thank you for sharing!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! She is adorable. And you look great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look amazing!!! Very cute bubba too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said. I remember being so worried during my pregnancy w/ baby #2 that I'd cry sometimes. It's crazy how instantaneously those worries go away the second you see your baby for the first time. The love is simply just there :) Very precious post..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully said!

    I just discovered your blog. You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm it lοoks lіκe уour ѕite ate my first
    comment (it was ѕuper long) so I guess І'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thоroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aѕpiring blog blоgger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd really appгeciatе іt.
    Visit my site - Loans for Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seriously made me tear up! Such a sweet and beautiful letter to Kate. All the pictures you post of her and Aubrey already make me so excited to have another one. I'm sure the second time around is so much more relaxed as well, so you just can enjoy all those special moments even more<3

    ReplyDelete