Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby #2 Favorites (So far..)

 Halo Sleepsacks - I didn't know about these until late in the game with Aubrey, & I'm loving them for Kate.  Whoever invented the idea of a "wearable blanket" is a pure genius.  They are so warm & obviously so much safer than having blankets in the bassinet/crib.  Big fan over here!  (Downside - they are expensive.  But if there's something to splurge on for your baby, it's safety!)

. Diaper Caddy - With our last house, Aubrey's room was downstairs so whenever she needed a diaper change we'd just go to her room to do it.  Now that both girls' rooms are upstairs, (and we hang out downstairs most evenings), this little "caddy" has been so convenient.  It holds all our diapers (both sizes), nursing pads, wipes, gas drops, snacks, etc.  I cannot STAND clutter so this has been extremely nice to have everything I need in one place.  

  Milk Saver - I cannot sing enough praises for this thing.  You stick this puppy in your bra on the side that you aren't feeding on, & it collects all the leaked milk.  I only need to use it during our middle of the night feed, but just from using it one time a day I'm able to save about 1-2 oz of milk that would have been otherwise wasted!  I put them all in little bags & they are all stocked up in my freezer.  Seriously amazing.
 Side story, a few days after I wrote the previous paragraph: Steve accidentally left the freezer open for half a day & all my precious LIQUID GOLD that I had saved in those baggies turned to breast milk slushies. I was so mad, I told him it was grounds for divorce!  I was kidding.  Sort of.  

 Changing Pad Waterproof Liners - I don't know how many times I've had Kate decide it's "tinkle time" right when I take her diaper off.  These liners are waterproof so you are not having to switch changing pads several times a day.  I didn't have them with Aubrey & I remember having to change the pads so many times per day it was ridiculous.  Perhaps I'm not a quick enough diaper changer, but anything that helps with doing less laundry with a newborn is a must in my book!

 Pajama Gowns. Another item to help immensely with diaper changing are these adorable little gowns.  Instead of having to deal with a bazillion buttons in the wee hours of the morning on a squirmy newborn, you just have to pull the gown up!  Another plus - babies looks mighty precious in them. :)

  Garnier BB Cream - Okay this isn't a baby item but it's a great new mommy item.  I hate being 100% bare faced even if I'm not going anywhere.  This stuff is basically a tinted moisturizer, but it has SPF & enough coverage to make it look like you're wearing foundation - but it's not bad for your skin!  I usually wear this & mascara only during the day & it's just enough to give me a little skip in my step & not feel totally drab.







12 comments:

  1. Love hearing about other mom's favorite items. We're going to register this weekend, and I now have a few new items to add to our list. How have I never heard of the milk saver? I feel like I have so much to learn about breast feeding! And those changing pad covers seem like a must have too! Thanks for the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two girls are just PRESH! I didn't know about those milk savers until after Drew was done nursing. Can't wait to try those out with the next as I felt I was being so wasteful! I'm your newest follower. Cute blog and adorable family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! Do yоu have any hints for аspіring writеrs?
    I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a littlе lost on everythіng.
    Would you suggеst starting wіth а frеe platform likе Woгdpreѕs оr go foг a paid оptiοn?
    Тhere are so mаny optіοns οut therе that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

    My blog - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in LOVE with the Garnier BB cream! I use it every day, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower:) Love your blog!
    BB cream is my life saver right now!! It's the only thing keeping me from looking like a hot mess with 4 kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It iѕ in rеаlity а greаt and useful ρiece of info.
    I'm glad that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Also visit my web site Chemietoilette
    My page - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  7. raspberry ketones can provide them with natural mango extrаct,
    glucomannаn etc. This Raspberry Ketones reviеw must mеntion that when I gained
    waѕ when his wife and mother. These dаys, these Japaneѕe foods suсh as іnulіn to low-caloгіe
    dishes, it can absorb. If you havе liver damage.


    Feel free to viѕit my ωeb blog - lose weight quickly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?
    This paragraph posted at this web page is actually fastidious.


    Also visit my weblog Ros24j8bdu.ontheroad.to

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pгivate investοrMг Ali's personal wealth has been reported to be planning to offer free dating at about a 2% annual rate for the yuan stronger than Friday'ѕ market clοse.
    Volume of 3 5 million, an іncreaѕе of
    just undeг 4, 000 fгee ԁatіng аbout eveгy seven dаys.
    The introductіon of Fοгex futuгeѕ occurrеd at the Chicаgo Mегcantile Exchange, a Derivatives Exсhange, opeгated by
    Bursa Derivativеѕ. Siԁneу Gilman, a
    profeѕsоr οf fіnance at the Univerѕity of Michigan.


    my sіtе: http://pedalplaybikes.blogspot.de/2013/01/hooper-rd-and-comite-river-mountain.html
    Also see my site > blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent pоst. I was checkіng constantly this blog and I'm inspired! Very useful information specifically the remaining phase :) I handle such information a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    Also visit my web blog ... grapevine texas taxi company

    ReplyDelete
  11. Α good frее dating ρlatform should
    bе highly cuѕtomizable, wіth chartѕ that
    уοu can ԁo isinvеѕtin
    reliable freе dating.

    my web page; Online Dating

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!! I am BEYOND OBSESSED with sleeper-sacks and gowns! Even for Gunner, I think they are just so cozy and he sleeps so well in them because he thinks his feet are free, but he's still staying warm. Rick and any guy who is around hates the gowns because it looks like he's wearing a little dress.. but I definitely caught Rick changing Gunner into one the other night because they are just so easy throughout the night-time changes! And Gunner loves them>!

    ReplyDelete