Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kate at Two Months!

Kate is two months old (as of two days ago).  We are just love love lovin' this tiny baby stage & are soaking it all up because we know too well that soon she will be crawling around our floors & being spoon fed pureed peas!  





Here's a few facts about little Kate this month:

-She is so alert.  She smiles & coos all day long & it's my favorite.  So, so cute.

-She had her two month old shots & let out the saddest sobs after.  I thought I had it together but sure enough, as soon as that nurse left the room I cried along with her.  There's something way too sad about her having to go through pain & not being able to explain why to her.  Someday I'll let ya know, Kate!

-Speaking of her doctor's appointment, she was 23 inches long & 11 lbs.  50% percentile in weight, & 75th in height.  Perfect!  

-She eats about every 2.5 hours during the day.  For the past week, she goes down for the night between 9:30-10:30 & sleeps all the way until 6 or 7.  I'm getting better sleep now than I was when I was pregnant.  Thank you, angel baby!

-She is still in newborn diapers but most of her newborn clothes are too small. :(  Her 0-3 month clothes are still too big, & I'm thinking they need to invent a size in between ?!

-Her eyes are the prettiest shade of dark blue.  They look just like Aubrey's did at this age.  Still excited I might have TWO blue eyed girls!  (Steve has green eyes & I have brown.)

-Nursing is still going well.  I'll admit the thing I love most about it is completely selfish.  I love having to be the one to feed her.  It makes me so happy when I hear someday say, "I think she's hungry. Here ya go, mom!" 

-Loves to be rocked in the rocking chair like Aubrey did.  (K, so I still rock Aubrey too.  Judge me!) 

-Has crazy strong head control. Yes I'm aware that every single mom says this about their baby but it's true. ;)

-Without too much gory detail, let's just say we have to change her outfit a few times a day.  It's a love/hate relationship.  At least she's getting good use out of ALL her many clothes!

-Loves to be in the Moby & Ergo.  

-She sleeps in her bassinet in her room.  She is the loudest sleeper just like her sister & we can all sleep now peacefully. :)  Thank goodness for our Angelcare Monitor that puts us at ease!  We'll probably try switching her to her crib in a few months, but I'm honestly sad to take her cute bumper off of it! 

-She's becoming more fond of her binky.  She will only take the "Soothies" kind.  We only give it to her if she's really fussy & she's already fed/changed.  She doesn't sleep with it at night, but does for naps during the day sometimes. 

-She has yummy rolls on her arms & thighs.  I gobble them up all day long.  So dang cute.



While I love the stage we're in now, I'm looking forward to the next several months because I know how wonderful they were with Aubrey.  Every stage seems to be the best stage at the time!  

6 comments:

  1. I read this post completely about the resemblance of
    newest and preceding technologies, it's amazing article.

    Have a look at my homepage :: airplane simulation games
    Also see my web page - Airplane Simulator Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was my favorite part about breastfeeding also! to just be their "whole world" is the best feeling!I can't believe she's two months already! she's such a pretty little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved that about nursing, I LOVED when we would just stare at each other and he would play with my hair and it was all just so magical to me. Daddy didn't like it too much though when I would leave for a few hours (which happened like 4 times in 2 years) and I'd get home to a screaming baby and as soon as i touched him he would calm down and be fine...so frustrating for poor daddy ..but I, super selfishly, LOVED it. glad everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, she is so precious! I literally CRIED when my son had to get his shots and made my husband do that whole "holding down thing" I just couldn't do it. It broke my heart!

    Your blog is ADORABLE! and I am so excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy she is two months! Great job on nursing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those pictures!! I don't care how "strong" we are supposed to be - I still cry everytime gunner cries or is in pain. It's the toughest thing in the world to hear! & what a sweet angel to let you sleep through the night!

    ReplyDelete