Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Random Bits..


So I'm thinking of changing my blog name.  When I first started blogging (consistently) waaay back when Aubrey was first born, I had just quit my job to be a stay at home mom & housewife.  I never thought I'd be able to stay home since Steve was still in school & such, so I was pretty elated when we made it work.  So that's how I came up with the whole "Tales of a Young Housewife" deal.  The longer I blogged, the longer I realized how cheesy that title is.  Plus, let's face it.  I'm turning 24 in a month & although that's still very young to be a housewife with kids, I plan on having this blog for a long time & when I'm say, 32, I won't be considered that young to be a housewife.  I haven't changed the title yet, but it's coming.  I have a few ideas... but there are soo many blogs out there, that it's hard to come up with a new one that isn't taken.  Stay tuned for it?

I was so pumped to make it to the six week postpartum mark.  That's typically the time when you can start exercising.  I planned on doing the "30 Day Shred" with Steve & getting all toned up.  I did it for one day, people.  I was just not cut out for exercising.  I hate it.  Guess I'll be a scrawny, muscle-less girl forever.  Anyone know of any exercise programs/dvds that don't make you feel like you're dying?  Let a weak girl know!

We are flirting with the idea of going on a kidless vacation in the future.  (After I'm done nursing).  We don't know when yet, but this year marks our 5 year wedding anniversary, plus our 10 year dating anniversary, so we want to do something just the two of us.  One side of me can't even picture leaving our girls at home for more than a night or two, (took me 17 months to leave Aubrey for ONE night & I still bawled) , but the other side of me is itching to lay on the beach in Maui with the love of my life with no distractions or diapers to be changed.  We will see... it's definitely fun to think about!

The past two weeks at our house have been insane.  Between Kate's blessing & having 40+ people in our home for a luncheon after, & then the next weekend having Aubrey's (last minute planned) birthday party with 20+ guests, it was quite busy over here!  It's so nice not having anything on the agenda for a while, but at the same time I kind of miss the hustle & bustle of planning & decorating.  I had no idea how fun planning events & parties was until Aubrey's first birthday.  I'm kind of excited for whatever I plan next - but not for a while. ;)


Aubrey had her 2 year check up today & can I just say she has the best pediatrician ever?  She has a way of making you feel like the best parent ever (even when you're actually quite insecure & feel like you're doing everything wrong).  She went on & on about how amazing Aubrey's vocabulary & sentence use was & I beamed with pride.  That's my baby!  Other than that, she is growing right on track & healthy as ever.  How blessed I am to have such a happy, healthy daughter!  And no shots until she is four, yay!

I've converted to almond milk & it's amazing.  Less dairy = less fussy baby.  Win win!

I think we finally have a routine down around here... life feels so much more normal now.  I go places like Target now (every mom's dream come true) & doctor's appointments by myself with the kids & it's always okay & not a big deal like I thought it would be.  I get dressed (most) days & am able to keep the house looking presentable like before.  Kate sleeps through the night most nights.  The weather is getting warmer here & walks & park trips are more frequent.  I'm really loving this season of life.  I'm happy.


... and that's all I'm running through my mind at the moment!








12 comments:

  1. So happy that you are so happy lisa! I feel like out of all the blogs I read, you seem the most grateful for everything that you have. Very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay almond milk! And I agree with anonymous up there -- you are a sunshiny person and I love reading your blog so much. Which is NOT to say that you would ever be faulted for NOT being happy. It's just nice to see such happy words so often here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy the weather has warmed up because keeping a two year old inside is no fun! Party planning is super fun especially when it's for the kiddos! Glad you have a routine down and have conquered trips with two babies. It gets easier and easier with every outing. I can't wait to see what your new blog name is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Can you please make a post about how you are loving the City Select?! I turn mine into a double in about 3 weeks! I am SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything By Ellen Barrett! :). She is amazing! I am doing her Yogini workout, and LOVING IT! :)/ Ps, I love your blogname!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy everything's going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE doing Turbo Jam. I got it over 5 years ago and I still love doing it. You might feel silly at first, but it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been reading your blog for awhile, first time commenter but just had to say I love the title (and blog overall)! And that I don't think you have to worry about being "not young" for a very long time. I'm 27 and will be 28 when my first baby arrives, so I'm jealous you've got two kiddos already at 23 ;)

    I've never tried the 30 Day Shred but pre-pregnancy have done Jillian Micheal's yoga meltdown, which I quite like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two little girls very close in age to your babies - can you do a post (or just let me know here ;-) ) how you managed shopping with the two of them? Did Aubrey ride up front & Kate in the basket in a carseat? Did you wear Kate? Details!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 Minute Solutions: Target Toning for Beginners is really an amazing toning DVD. Each body part (arms, legs, buns and abs) is ten minutes and perfect for beginners. It's about $5 on Amazon. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't feel pressure about going on a kidless vacation! There are lots of us who don't do it but we don't say it outloud so I'm just going to speak up here. My parents never left us, Matt's parents never did and I have yet to leave mine. I just read the talk by L. Tom Perry in the last conference when he said that his parents never went on vacation without their kids and I decided we are in good company! We are parents, and while it's totally important to connect as spouses during date nights, etc., we only have a short while to make our little ones feel so secure and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! So happy to hear how beautifully everything is falling into place for you and your family. You are seriously my hero for managing two little ones and making everyday the most special day for both of them. & I can only imagine how hard it will be to leave those beautiful babies of yours for a vacation - but you BEYOND deserve a little pampering and some "mommy&daddy" time! So when you're ready, I think that'd be so great for you guys!!

    PS who is Aubrey & Kate's pediatrician? Gunner's is Dr. Takamoto and she is AMAZING!! She always makes me feel like a supermom too, so I was wondering if they had the same dr!

    ReplyDelete